Skip to content

BG:EE 2

I imported my save five but Imoen is a lvl 7 theif and a lvl 8 mage but at the end of the game she was a lvl 10 theif.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    In the import process, only those characters you created yourself and imported to the new game have anything carry over. No matter what her status was in BG1, Imoen is always a level 7/8 thief -> mage when you meet her at the beginning of BG2.
  • KitSunZoroKitSunZoro Member Posts: 10
    oh doesn't that make importing the game rather pointless then?
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    I know it's not cool but it's the way it works I'm afraid...

If it's any consolation I never dual class her either on playing through BGEE
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    Dharius wrote: »

I am the same. I used to turn her into a mage, but now always enjoy her more as a thief. In BG1 I never miss arcane power at mid game when one usually duals her due to all of the wands and scrolls available. I started asking myself, what is the point? She is a great utility thief and trap setter!
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 496
    Aerakar wrote: »
    Dharius wrote: »

I am the same. I used to turn her into a mage, but now always enjoy her more as a thief. In BG1 I never miss arcane power at mid game when one usually duals her due to all of the wands and scrolls available. I started asking myself, what is the point? She is a great utility thief and trap setter!
    In BGEE, ranged attacks is better than spellcasting, so I usually replace her with Coran.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    I admit Coran is more powerful than Imoen, but Imoen is your childhood buddy. I can't easily do a playthrough without her, but might take along a backup thief like Coran, Montaron or Safana so all skills are covered at all times and levels.