Skip to content

Mod idea

Hi,

I'm looking at making a mod for BGEET which would allow players to actually do an evil playthrough with changes to several of the questlines that would actually allow evil results with decent rewards instead of the way it is currently is in which evil players get punished if they try to do an evil playthrough. Was also looking at changing the reputation chart if possible to better work with this. this would be the main focus of first part on BG1 with a smaller focus on SOD.

With BG2 was looking at doing the same but also allow players who wish to. to go down a route to becoming the next god of murder with more powers an buffs along with also looking at being able to through dialogue and party interaction to change the view points an alignments of npcs an make it so they support you in your quest to become the next god of murder would also do new ending dialogues if you went down this path an went through the effort of converting your npcs to your cause.

I know that changing questlines and adding news ones is possible and that its possible to add new dialogue with npcs.

My question is it possible to change the reputation chart and to add in dialogue that would change alignment or are these hardcode into the system an not able to be modded.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,872
    Is it possible? Yes, absolutely. Is it wise to do something so ambitious as a first project? Probably not.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "the reputation chart", but pretty much everything about reputation - its effects on NPC reactions, its effects on store prices, the cost to increase your reputation with donations - is contained in various 2DA files. Those are quite easy to edit.

Dialogue that changes alignment? Absolutely. That's done with script actions, and there's some of that already in the game. For example, if you say the right things to her in ToB, Viconia's dialogue eventually reaches a point with the following action attached:
    ChangeAlignment("Viconia",NEUTRAL)

That does exactly what it sounds like.
  • frogdude129frogdude129 Member Posts: 5
    jmerry wrote: »
    Is it possible? Yes, absolutely. Is it wise to do something so ambitious as a first project? Probably not.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "the reputation chart", but pretty much everything about reputation - its effects on NPC reactions, its effects on store prices, the cost to increase your reputation with donations - is contained in various 2DA files. Those are quite easy to edit.

Dialogue that changes alignment? Absolutely. That's done with script actions, and there's some of that already in the game. For example, if you say the right things to her in ToB, Viconia's dialogue eventually reaches a point with the following action attached:
    ChangeAlignment("Viconia",NEUTRAL)

That does exactly what it sounds like.

okay cool thank you for that bit of info. yeah i was talking to a friend about this an their response was are you insane trying this as a first project
  • frogdude129frogdude129 Member Posts: 5
    will most likely work on the story and quest change dialogues for a while. an try my hand at smaller mods first before i attempt this.