Skip to content

Was able to play but not anymore. Update: Fixed!!

DaValiantDaValiant Member Posts: 6
edited November 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
Was able to play yesterday by turning off vertical sync but now it doesn't work. Vertical sync is still off but it's like the game found out how I figured out how to play and decided that it wouldn't let me play that way anymore. My computer hasn't been turned off since I exited the game (big mistake on exiting the game) so I don't know what could've changed while I was sleeping. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Specs:
Win 7 64bit
GeForce GTS 450 drivers up to date.
Ran in compatibility mode for Vista SP1.
Post edited by DaValiant on

Comments

• DaValiantDaValiant Member Posts: 6
    Alright update: I clicked the "Repair Install" button on my launcher (I did this the first time too forgot about it) and now it launches but the screen is flickering a bunch. Time to find a solution to this.
  • chilimannenchilimannen Member Posts: 6
    Agreed on turning of the game being a mistake.. ;)

Having vsync off could result in flickering, i suggest you find another way to run it rather
    than leaving it off.. Which problems would occur if you try with vsync on?

Does this happen specifically to BGEE?
    edited November 2012
    Yes, this is the only game I have had problem with and the result of me launching it without vsync disabled is a launched game but instead of flickering menu screen I get a black screen with a white box in the middle of it.

Edit: Just turned vsync on after hitting repair instal and I'm getting the same error: flickering screen.
    Alright, I was finally able to get my game running again. I viewed another thread and this link was posted: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8405/read-before-posting-master-technical-faq#latest

This solved my problem. Turns out I had triple buffering enabled on a global setting. I had it turned off on the program specifications but I guess the global setting overrode it. Anyway, hope this link helps anyone else having problems and I'm probably never going to exit out of the game ever again. If anybody has any questions feel free to post them here and I'll try and find a solution for you.