Skip to content

Help Combining two Familar Related Mods

DraikenWeAreDraikenWeAre Member Posts: 112
edited March 2023 in General Modding
I recently discovered two Mods that both deal with Familiars very Well.

@Pecca MSFM Mod https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/18108/mod-more-style-for-mages-v1-56/p1

Where he has a Component that allows for leveling of Familiars with some nice spells or thief abilities, so they actually become useful.

And

@Arthas Smarter/Resilient Familiar Component, to his own mod.
https://github.com/BGforgeNet/bg2-tweaks-and-tricks/blob/master/docs/familiars.md#resilient-familiars

Where you can basically tell a familar to follow you, pick up items, hide In a bag if its low hp, attack mages specifically, etc.

I tried installing both and Pecca's mod made Arthas's basically Null, with non of his components showing up, unless I opened an already old save file, but then Pecca's mod isnt there in the old save file.

So I'm not a mod programmer and really honestly I'm a Noob when it comes to even modding my own game, but is there a way a person to combine both components so they can work together.

(Additionally also allow for removal or Addition for whether you want Pecca's portraits for familiars or now)

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    This is a similar thought to mine when I worked on MSFM, and something I asked Arthas about.

It's possible to combine the functionalities, but doing so effectively makes this its own mod: Each familiar mod (even EET) is meant to work alone since it overwrites familiar functionality. I'm unsure why things were coded this way.

I'm also unsure at present how this combination should be done if it's done.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    There is also Revised familiar component in Tome & Blood mod. Maybe this would be more to your liking.
  • DraikenWeAreDraikenWeAre Member Posts: 112
    @Cahir Thank you.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited March 2023
    Also, to clarify, MSFM and T&B and maybe other familiar-altering mods (but not OlvynSpells as of this writing) each use EET compatible code. Thus, their familiar functionality works on EET and overwrites the EET functionality.