Skip to content

[MOD] Infinity UI++ Beta v0.73

Comments

• UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 210
    Hello, I've got a feature request: the possibility to loot once certain items to loot them all at once.

example, killing 4 hobgoblins would net gold for each one of them, so you would have 1 gold, 2 gold, 2 gold, 3 gold. Would it be possible to make the UI accumulate the gold all in one position, so you have to click once to loot all the gold together? This would spare a lot of time.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Or just auto-loot coins.
  • Gerrod82Gerrod82 Member Posts: 2
    I get 89,000 xp when creating a new character for some reason. Is this intentional?
  • Gerrod82Gerrod82 Member Posts: 2
    Etamin wrote: »
    1) Not skinned box during character creation.
    am9d42458o6f.png
    2) Just got crash after killing gibberling for second time.
    3) Just noticed that i get 89 000 exp after creating character, so that's why everyone who join me get levels.
    4) I don't know if this is language fault or not, but wolf doesn't have description in bestiary tab (if you want, i can translate for you files for polish version).
    l3ocffum01fh.png

I get 89,000 exp too when I create a new character for some reason.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    zelazko wrote: »
    Does this mod like all other UI mods needs to be installed early?

If any mod patches UI, then installing Infinity UI after that will override its changes. But installing the mod after Infinity UI might also not work, it depends on if the patching is compatible with new UI code structure.
    Gerrod82 wrote: »
    I get 89,000 xp when creating a new character for some reason. Is this intentional?

It's not intentional, but I cannot reproduce this.
    Ulkesh wrote: »
    Hello, I've got a feature request: the possibility to loot once certain items to loot them all at once.

example, killing 4 hobgoblins would net gold for each one of them, so you would have 1 gold, 2 gold, 2 gold, 3 gold. Would it be possible to make the UI accumulate the gold all in one position, so you have to click once to loot all the gold together? This would spare a lot of time.

That's not a bad idea. Not accumulating visually, no, that would be pain, but picking all same items with one (right)click should not be that difficult. I'll look into it.
  • JinashiJinashi Member Posts: 43
    Maybe not all the items, picking up an armour and finding yourself with an inventory full of 15 leather armours is not very practical.
    It should be limited to items that can be stacked
    Personally the dream would be that if a character picks up a gem and has an unfilled gem bag, the gem goes straight into the bag, and the same for scrolls, ammo and potions.
    But I don't know how complicated it is to set up or if everyone would appreciate this kind of feature.
  • LlewrenLlewren Member Posts: 33
    This is fantastic. Absolutely phenomenal work, I don't think it can be said enough. I do have some feedback , though I'm not sure it's been said before.

I know Dragonspear UI++ didn't work with scaled interface toggled on, but here you seem to have managed to make it work, as long as you don't have modern UI toggled. I would love to see a version where you can have both scaled user interface and modern UI toggled at the same time. With the modern UI, I think the icons are a bit too squished. I think it's worth making the icons a little smaller and having them be the original ratio. I don't know if I did something wrong, but I couldn't find a way to roll stats without using the autoroller. It would be nice to separate the reroll button and autoroller button if that's not yet a feature. These are just my uneducated suggestions, but that's what I would really like to see.

My favourite details so far are the embers on the UI icons when you have a screen pulled up and the red dragon animation when using the autoroller. Really just amazing stuff.
  • pervognsenpervognsen Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2023
    Really enjoying this so far. Great work! Some immediate feedback:

- You can't use the esc key to exit shops. I assume this is an oversight.
    - The grid of icons with no text labels for the shops is not user friendly. I found myself having to hover over every item one at a time to see what they were, only guided by high gold cost as a suggestion of what items might be worth examining.
    - I love the modern UI option with everything consolidated at the bottom but it disables EEex's round timer bars that are usually shown left of the portraits. Likely that's the fault of EEex's implementation but I thought I'd mention it in case something about the implementation on your end could make both work together.
    - I personally find both options for quickloot (top left, bottom left) to be less user friendly than the vanilla center placement. With the quickloot bar at the center, it's impossible to miss when there's items nearby. With the left placements, the quickloot bar is in peripheral vision and I've found myself missing items and having to purposely look to the left side of the screen whereas I never really had that issue with the vanilla center placement. Especially with the modern UI setting, it seems like a center placement, similar to the vanilla approach, right above the fixed UI, would work well.
  • SourSour Member Posts: 82
    edited May 2023
    Llewren wrote: »
    This is fantastic. Absolutely phenomenal work, I don't think it can be said enough. I do have some feedback , though I'm not sure it's been said before.

I know Dragonspear UI++ didn't work with scaled interface toggled on, but here you seem to have managed to make it work, as long as you don't have modern UI toggled. I would love to see a version where you can have both scaled user interface and modern UI toggled at the same time. With the modern UI, I think the icons are a bit too squished. I think it's worth making the icons a little smaller and having them be the original ratio. I don't know if I did something wrong, but I couldn't find a way to roll stats without using the autoroller. It would be nice to separate the reroll button and autoroller button if that's not yet a feature. These are just my uneducated suggestions, but that's what I would really like to see.

My favourite details so far are the embers on the UI icons when you have a screen pulled up and the red dragon animation when using the autoroller. Really just amazing stuff.

You need to install EEex, there is a thread near this one that provides direct links to the latest version. EEex unlocks a zooming feature for the UI that will allow you to scale it to any resolution you play at. Just make sure you read the directions for EEex before installing it. Once it's been installed a zoom slider bar will appear in the UI options menu for baldur's gate.
    edited May 2023
    I have a request if possible. When you access the command console, it only allows you to transport to TOB areas. It would be nice if this UI would allow you to travel to any area installed on EET. I'm using Tipun's Icewind Dale in EET and everything works great but when you defeat the final boss of the game it doesn't transport you back to Baldur's Gate so you have to do it yourself. With this UI installed it becomes a problem, so I had to uninstall it and then transport myself back to Baldur's Gate and then reinstall the UI. It would be nice if I could just call up the console and select the area I want to be transported back to. I've played through half of Baldur's Gate and all of Icewind dale as well as the TOTSC expansion areas without a single crash. This UI has been pretty stable for the last two versions or so in my experience and the command console transportation is the only problem that's popped up.
    edited May 2023
    Llewren wrote: »

Thank you. As has been pointed, you should use EEex and the zoom feature. The autoroller should not activate if you have the slider at minimal values.
    Sour wrote: »
    I have a request if possible. When you access the command console, it only allows you to transport to TOB areas. It would be nice if this UI would allow you to travel to any area installed on EET. I'm using Tipun's Icewind Dale in EET and everything works great but when you defeat the final boss of the game it doesn't transport you back to Baldur's Gate so you have to do it yourself. With this UI installed it becomes a problem, so I had to uninstall it and then transport myself back to Baldur's Gate and then reinstall the UI. It would be nice if I could just call up the console and select the area I want to be transported back to. I've played through half of Baldur's Gate and all of Icewind dale as well as the TOTSC expansion areas without a single crash. This UI has been pretty stable for the last two versions or so in my experience and the command console transportation is the only problem that's popped up.

I haven't overhauled the console yet, but I think you can use argent77's "Reveal hidden gameplay options" mod, which has improved console and should be compatible.
  • BerinvarBerinvar Member Posts: 19
    Pecca wrote: »
    Berinvar wrote: »
    The world map is not centered. Small thing, but it would look better / cleaner if it was

Cannot reproduce this.

Tested this again today with a clean BGEE install on steam (removed all BGEE folders in Documents, as well as the one under \Steam\steamapps\common) cause I thought maybe one of the other mods I used in previous installs were causing the issue.

The only other thing I installed (before Infinity UI) is DLCMerger, and the world map is still off-center. I run the game on 2560x1440. Maybe someone can test it on other resolutions?

The area maps are fine -- it's the world map that is off-center.

• AgerioAgerio Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2023
    I just installed this on my phone, Looks Great!. I must report an issue
    6ch2oad01hka.jpg
    9pgxpg9t2tlw.jpg

When I'm on a convo with an NPC the dialog button doesn't work when there's only one option. my workaround for this is to click the "..." Button on the leftside, also the quickload button loops the conversation if click it unless I'm at the end of the convo.
    c722ru9h53op.jpg

Btw if you still have trouble copying modded files then try transferring those to the obb directory, alongside the .main and .patch obbs and use third party file managers like x-plore

Post edited by Agerio on
  • 0gur0gur Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2023
    59z1q785frdl.png
    The world map is not centered. Small thing, but it would look better / cleaner if it was

Cannot reproduce this.

Tested this again today with a clean BGEE install on steam (removed all BGEE folders in Documents, as well as the one under \Steam\steamapps\common) cause I thought maybe one of the other mods I used in previous installs were causing the issue.

The only other thing I installed (before Infinity UI) is DLCMerger, and the world map is still off-center. I run the game on 2560x1440. Maybe someone can test it on other resolutions?

I haven't tested it on other resolutions but I have the exact same install (clean + DLC merger and EEex) and I'm running 1440p resolution. World map is off center but it doesn't really bother me.

UI looks FANTASTIC - modern UI mode is exactly what I was looking for, I'm just waiting for Bubbs spell menu integration and it's time for another run.

• 0gur0gur Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2023

Cannot reproduce this.

I can only confirm that I also have the map off center in a very similar setup (same res and clean install with mods required for IUI++).

The UI looks FANTASTIC BTW. Regular one looks very pretty while the modern one is very slick and exactly what I want from CRPG UI.
    Post edited by 0gur on
    One thing I forgot to mention. When I played through Baldur's gate, the dream sequences look really nice and take up the whole screen but the tales of the sword coast still artwork did not show up. When I took the boat to the werewolf Island, the narrator spoke but there was no image on display, just a black screen with the text box. Also, I know this is beta and you don't support it but I figured I would report that the same thing happens in Icewind Dale EET. No artwork displays during the narrated scenes. I just did a fresh install and I plan to play through to TOB so I'll keep an eye out for anything else but my last 100 hours of gameplay were pretty much flawless other than the problem mentioned above and the indoor backdrops no longer being centered if you use the camera zoom in. Zoom out works fine.
  • SlotherouxSlotheroux Member Posts: 2
    Hello, just adding my experience, I usually use lefreuts ui or dragonspear, I wanted to give this a go so did a fresh install, installed all my mods but SCS couldn't install the AI component and skipped all the AI improvements, I tried it all again, same result

So clean install again, exact same mods but with lefreuts UI instead of infinity UI and it has just installed successfully, I have no idea why that might be the case

just for info I installed EEex, Bubbs spell menu, Rogue rebalancing, a hand of options from the Tweaks anthology, Shades of the Sword Coast and IWD voicepack with the chosen UI mod installed first after the dlc merger

mod looks amazing! i will definitely be checking back
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
    Slotheroux wrote: »
    Hello, just adding my experience, I usually use lefreuts ui or dragonspear, I wanted to give this a go so did a fresh install, installed all my mods but SCS couldn't install the AI component and skipped all the AI improvements, I tried it all again, same result

So clean install again, exact same mods but with lefreuts UI instead of infinity UI and it has just installed successfully, I have no idea why that might be the case

just for info I installed EEex, Bubbs spell menu, Rogue rebalancing, a hand of options from the Tweaks anthology, Shades of the Sword Coast and IWD voicepack with the chosen UI mod installed first after the dlc merger

mod looks amazing! i will definitely be checking back

Did you change Force_Difficulty_Widget to 1 within stratagems.ini as has been recommended in this thread?
  • megrimlockmegrimlock Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2023
    Endarire wrote: »
    Does Infinity UI work with subraces like Dragonspear UI did? If not, may we get it working pweath?

Thankee!

It doesn't, unfortunately. Probably to do with the race and class selection being kinda merged together on this one.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    This is just <3<3<3 . Really impressive! We'll try to do a mod spotlight post on our socials in the future to highlight this amazing UI take.

And here you go!

Amazing, @Pecca! Check out responses (and also on our Facebook).
    Wow, thanks @JuliusBorisov , I just hope that all the crashing bugs were fixed. :smile: But it looks like it at least.

Anyway, I've been focusing on IWD compatibility lately and got sidetracked a bit (as usual) with expanding its portraits art. As a result, some screens will have iwd-only layout like this:
    pg5lf7vhg0d0.png

This will be a huge step towards v1.0.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Anyway, I've been focusing on IWD compatibility lately and got sidetracked a bit (as usual) with expanding its portraits art. As a result, some screens will have iwd-only layout like this:
    pg5lf7vhg0d0.png

I'm in love. Seriously, unconditional love for this <3

• SlotherouxSlotheroux Member Posts: 2

@morpheus562 i did not! i'll give that a go, thanks
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    BeamDog noticed @Pecca and liked you! Alleluia!
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    ah, maybe those wallpapers/artworks could be updated...
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Thanks to Beamdog's tweet, Infinity UI++ is recognized on the Polish new site. I've been following this site for years, and I don't remember a BG mod to be highlighted like that. Congratulations, Pecca, I hope it'll increase the visibility of your brilliant work.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited May 2023
    One thing I'd consider is to run this mod with EEEx from a batch file. EEEx can enable the game's LUA debug console that way so it reports the UI warnings. I don't know if those warnings are available otherwise, but they can help catching bugs.
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
    I recently installed this as part of an EET install and the BGEE, SoD, and Black Pits 1 campaigns are not showing themselves as available in the start menu. How do I get BGEE to show so I can play EET from the beginning?
    edited May 2023
    I recently installed this as part of an EET install and the BGEE, SoD, and Black Pits 1 campaigns are not showing themselves as available in the start menu. How do I get BGEE to show so I can play EET from the beginning?

It's strange, I had installed your mod list provided on your git adding infinity ui at the very beginning of EET, and apart from the Homebrew mod that I had to remove, SSC where it is necessary to modify the configuration file and Celestial where I found your fix on a forum, it works and I have the possibility to choose the campaign of my choice without problems.