Skip to content

[MOD] Infinity UI++ Beta v0.81

Comments

• JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 131
    edited December 2023
    Pecca wrote: »
    Uh, sorry I didnt check Github that much. But you also reminded me that I wanted to release czech translation, so I released v 0.61 with french and czech translations.

Thanks for creating a new release with the translations !

An unrelated question about the CLUAConsole.

I have created a little mod that translate in french the name of the areas in the CLUAconsole

The mod propose two options :

- Standard translation of the area without modification.

BGEECLUAFR01.png

- And another one adds a separation between campaigns, among other things

BGEECLUAFR10.png

The separation (from option 2) seems to have several consequences for your UI.

- Vanishing of campaigns selection
    IU.MAIN.png

- Or UI settings
    IU.GRAPH.png

So the issue come from the first entrie in bgee.lua at the beginning of a cheatAreas = { or cheatAreasExpansion = {

IU.SOA.png
    IU.BG.png
    IU.SOD.png

If the separation takes place elsewhere, no problem.

UI.SOAON.png
    IU.CLUA.png

It's not a big deal, I can just deactivate the second option that add separation and else when your UI is installed, but maybe it's easy to fix since there is no issue with other UI like LefreutUI, DragonspearUI, TipunGUI.
    Post edited by JohnBob on
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,195
    @JohnBob this mod uses first entry of cheat areas list, to identify game engine at the start of the game. Your modification unfortunatelly creates serious incompatibility.
  • JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 131
    @JohnBob this mod uses first entry of cheat areas list, to identify game engine at the start of the game. Your modification unfortunatelly creates serious incompatibility.

Okay, thanks for the clarification, I'll simply disable option two when your mod is installed !
  • Psyko_tikPsyko_tik Member Posts: 13
    edited December 2023
    Hi @Pecca,

Congrats for this wonderful UI, improving a lot BG!

(removed my question, because my issue was due to missinstalling some mods, keeping the congrats :)
    Post edited by Psyko_tik on
  • SourSour Member Posts: 93
    edited December 2023
    Never mind, I found the solution to my problem.
    Post edited by Sour on
    Released new version v0.62 with some bugfixes:
    -reskinned death menu
    -journal dog string fix
    -bg1 start xp fix
    -messagebox moved fix
    -hotkey buttons localized
    -junk filtr tooltip added

@Etamin not all journal descriptions are translated because those which do not exist in original game are stored in language lua files (polish is L_pl_PL.LUA).
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited December 2023
    Great! Thanks for the update :). I have found few more minor things:
    1) Unskinned biogram box.
    nmvf5eg57zuf.png
    2) Chat box moves when you check and later uncheck "Display modern HUD". When you try to go back to default HUD it is slightly higher than normal. Closing game fix this:
    tffhrblbqyh3.png
    3) Small suggestion. Maybe rename "Minimum strength modifier" from 0-100 to 18/01-18/00. At first i didn't know what it does.

Post edited by Etamin on
    edited December 2023
    Just a heads up. I did a fresh install last night and installed the latest version of infinity UI, the .62 version. When I die, the death screen shows up but it's not centered and I can't select anything or exit it. It says "you died and must restart the game" but I had to minimize the game and close it from the task manager. I don't know if there is supposed to be a button and it was off the screen but it would be helpful if you could exit to the main menu by pressing the escape button. Centering the death screen would be cool as well though. I Totally dig this UI and it's gotten better and I can tell it's more polished since I last played. I know the death screen is a new addition and it's the only problem I have run into so far.
    Post edited by Sour on
    Was going to report same issues as @Sour. Have to close the game when CHARNAME dies.
    Here is a screenshot:
    ed62fa1p6d1i.png
  • LathandersVanguardLathandersVanguard Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2023
    @Pecca Nice job on these latest updates!

What do you think the feasibility of adding color sliders for metal, armor and leather like in the EE Keeper or maybe an option to toggle a paperdoll changer in the menus would be?

bzb1iuddsqr2.png

Also, I'm having a similar issue as @Psyko_tik above where the death screen is off-center and all I can do is close the game to get out of it.

um87qdbl16hn.png
    Released version v0.63 with death menu centered fix.
    @Pecca Nice job on these latest updates!

What do you think the feasibility of adding color sliders for metal, armor and leather like in the EE Keeper or maybe an option to toggle a paperdoll changer in the menus would be?

IIRC I explored this in the past and it wasn't possible to do through the UI.
    edited December 2023
    Quick Bug Report:

The following glitch seems to only occur on the Main Player Character. This was tested in BG1:EE (without SoD installed)

How to replicate the glitch:

Step 1: open the inventory menu and click on one of the two color choice box icons.
    Step 2: go to the appearance tab to choose a portrait.
    Step 3: click around a bit at the different portraits and then press back (as to cancel portrait choice)
    Step 4: optionally choose to cancel out of the rest of the customization or not.

Result: Your characters Portrait, Major, Minor, Armor, Leather, Metal, Skin and Hair colors will be chosen at random. This glitch seems like it can happen just on the first appearance change only. Subsequent appearance changes are unaffected.

P.S.
    The death screen patch works perfectly!
    edited December 2023
    Quick Bug Report:

If you select a spell level higher than 7 in the Mage Book, you won't be able to open the Priest Scroll at all (seems normal given that the priest scroll ends at level 7 right?).

The problem happens when you open the 8th or 9th page of the Mage Book then immediately exit the menus. Any subsequent attempt to use the "P" hotkey to open the Priest Scroll will crash the game.

I got this glitch to work in both IWD and BG1 so I think it just happens across all games.
    Quick thank you:
    This mod vastly improves the BG experience. Be it the quick slots, the possiblity to easily move items from one character to another, the bestiary and library, it's still BG... but a better one, with tons of small tricks that help the player.
    The feeling is much better compared to vanilla BG UI, so congratulations for your hard work!
  • Psyko_tik wrote: »
    Quick thank you:
    This mod vastly improves the BG experience. Be it the quick slots, the possiblity to easily move items from one character to another, the bestiary and library, it's still BG... but a better one, with tons of small tricks that help the player.
    The feeling is much better compared to vanilla BG UI, so congratulations for your hard work!

This ^^^
    I agree, it doesn't just look nice and make the game more modern. It really improves the gameplay substantially. This UI is my favorite by far and I appreciate the work that has went into it.
    Thank you. A brief summary:
    I have collected all bugs reported here and github and next v0.7 update will aim to fix as many of them as possible. I hope to advance that on christmas.
    Next v0.8 should contain some eeex features I have planned/worked on for some time, that will probably take some time to hit.
    V0.9 should probably focus on finishing bestiary for bg2 and iwd. I will try to use AI tools to ease that part.
    V1.0 should ship will all skins finished and should be a full mod as intended. Additional feature may still be added after v1.0
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 212
    Thanks for informing us. What are the eexx features? :P
    Remember those on linux who can't install eeex infortunately ;)
    I mean, it's ok to miss features, but I just hope it will not break this great mod on linux, that's it.
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 125
    Thank you. A brief summary:
    I have collected all bugs reported here and github and next v0.7 update will aim to fix as many of them as possible. I hope to advance that on christmas.

That's great to know, dont forget the Pull Requests on github. ;)

Eeex is not requirement of this mod as a whole, only of features that rely on it such as UI zoom.
    Another eeex feature in advanced state of completion is NPC bar, that was hinted earlier. It will be very customizable and will include visual bars for spell efects on creatures or party members.
    I would also like to implement some sort of visual integration of bubb's spell menu and also to explore infinite inventory. Maybe some more if something interesting appears.
  • v1ldv1ld Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2023
    Psyko_tik wrote: »
    Remember those on linux who can't install eeex infortunately ;)
    I mean, it's ok to miss features, but I just hope it will not break this great mod on linux, that's it.

You can use EEex under Linux too, but you have to use the Windows version of the game with Wine or Proton, not the Linux binaries. EEex has explicit support for Linux/Proton, look inside InfinityLoader.ini. I use EEex and related mods like Bubb's Extended Spell Menu on the Steam Deck, which is Linux under the hood.

But the main thing is that you cannot run the Linux binaries for the game - you must run the Windows binaries even on Linux. Steam for example will install the Linux version of the game by default and EEex will not work with that. Here's a video that shows how to force Steam to install the Windows version instead:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1GvONkE9S0

Once you've done that, install EEex and run InfinityLoader.exe to launch with EEex just like under Windows. Or even better if you're launching from Steam, then:
    1. Rename Baldur.exe to BaldurReal.exe
    2. Rename InfinityLoader.exe to Baldur.exe
    3. Edit InfinityLoader.ini and tweak the two lines that let you name the real executable to run (set it to BaldurReal.exe) and the mapping to use (set to BaldurReal.exe:Baldur.exe).
    4. Set ProtonCompatibility=1.
    5. Once you've done this, you can just launch BG from Steam and it will launch with EEex active.

All of the EEex functions work the same on Linux as on Windows - the timer indicators, the left shift to show active spell effects, etc. Likewise on the Steam Deck.
    Thanks for the explanation. It will be definitely helpful for people using the wine's Baldur.

In my case, I use the native GOG version, which is way faster on my old computer.
  • alaisFcZalaisFcZ Member Posts: 26
    Hi @Pecca here is a spanish translation made by IoViVo a spanish discord friend from bg ..very excited for you to add it please
    here is the file
    tra
  • D4N5T3PD4N5T3P Member Posts: 9
    Hi, I love this UI, feels very modern and slick, but I was wondering: will you add a slider for buying multiple items like you had in dragonspear ui? It's a very minor thing but it would be a good qol option nonetheless
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    This is an amazing UI and improves the quality of the game immensely. I am looking forward to compatibility with SCS and Talents of Faerun (DavidW’s new mod). Then it will be outstanding☺️
    Thanks @alaisFcZ . Spanish translation added in v0.64.