Skip to content

[MOD] Infinity UI++ Beta v0.81

Comments

• D4N5T3PD4N5T3P Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2023
    I've been playing with it for a bit and noticed quite a few bugs. I'm not sure if all of them were already reported but anyway:
    1. When the inventory swap on hover is off, selecting another character's inventory and clicking on any item makes you pick an item on the main character's grid instead
    7mxt055ti6cb.jpgpaml5cn6w8qg.jpg
    2. The map screen is off centre (maybe it's intentional idk)
    2uhyo31z340d.jpg

3. Only peasant beds in the inn menu
    m08d4ghvmtxm.jpg

4. Unsellable items don't grey out so you can't tell which items you can't sell
    yad98trjkbpi.jpg

5. In the identify menu only one item gets highlighted even if you choose several items to identify
    c1d0iacsvf7w.jpg
    Post edited by D4N5T3P on
    edited December 2023
    I've also found a bug with the save menu: when you enter the save menu, saving the game to the new slot and then quit the save menu, the game throws you back to the main menu which doesn't happen in vanilla. Also when saving to the new slot, the "overwrite" button appears as if I'm saving on top of an existing save
    Found another bug but I think it was mentioned before: sometimes the last line of dialogue gets cut when scrolling to see the log, btw this problem also occured to me when I was playing with dragonspearUI with classic dialogue window
  • LeimPorterLeimPorter Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2
    love the mod but not currently using it because it won't work with shadow magic 3.x mod.
    Pecca can you make the UI install modular, the spell UI you made interferes with shadow magic's spell selection UI and I like the character creator and roller i'm currently using. would love to install the other stuff. thanks
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,196
    LeimPorter wrote: »
    love the mod but not currently using it because it won't work with shadow magic 3.x mod.
    Pecca can you make the UI install modular, the spell UI you made interferes with shadow magic's spell selection UI and I like the character creator and roller i'm currently using. would love to install the other stuff. thanks

I have no such plans, sorry. But I will try to make this mod compatible with popular mods that patch UI, like SCS. That will happen after v1.0 most likely though.
  • EsviEsvi Member Posts: 26
    Can you make it so it defaults to the campaign that was previously played?
    Esvi wrote: »
    Can you make it so it defaults to the campaign that was previously played?

It does so except for ToB, I don't know how to do that.
    edited February 14
    Released a new version with some fixes (missing iwd contingency) and compatibility with my new mod Remastered Spell Icons.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 212
    Hello, is there a list of what's left to be added? I remember there was a long list in the first post, but I don't see it anymore.
    Pecca wrote: »
    Thank you. A brief summary:
    I have collected all bugs reported here and github and next v0.7 update will aim to fix as many of them as possible. I hope to advance that on christmas.
    Next v0.8 should contain some eeex features I have planned/worked on for some time, that will probably take some time to hit.
    V0.9 should probably focus on finishing bestiary for bg2 and iwd. I will try to use AI tools to ease that part.
    V1.0 should ship will all skins finished and should be a full mod as intended. Additional feature may still be added after v1.0

This is still the plan, though I got delayed by the Icons mod a bit.
    Thank you. A brief summary:
    I have collected all bugs reported here and github and next v0.7 update will aim to fix as many of them as possible. I hope to advance that on christmas.
    Next v0.8 should contain some eeex features I have planned/worked on for some time, that will probably take some time to hit.
    V0.9 should probably focus on finishing bestiary for bg2 and iwd. I will try to use AI tools to ease that part.
    V1.0 should ship will all skins finished and should be a full mod as intended. Additional feature may still be added after v1.0

This is still the plan, though I got delayed by the Icons mod a bit.

Thanks. I didn't remember. By the way, the new icons are great. I like them very much.

Please change the v.0.9 and v.1.0 plan (the skins finished are more important than bestiary :P )
    Bestiary will be much faster than skins:)
    Would you start a playthrough with the current version, or would you wait for 0.8?
    Right now, I'm focusing on releasing bug fixes (0.7). As always I cannot give any ETA or guarantee anything, because my free time for this is very limited and dependant on many factors, most notably my kids being asleep late night/early morning, which is most irregular thing. So I wouldn't recommend waiting for 0.8, but I would wait for first pack of 0.7 at least.
    edited February 18
    Thanks for the reality check. I will wait a bit (not too much), then start playing.
  • buttnipplesbuttnipples Member Posts: 6
    edited February 19
    I cannot wait. Would it be possible to take the inventory menu part of the UI from infinity and swap it into dragonspears?

Oh and also the inn menu?

EDIT: Actually, with UI mods are you able to patch/update them later without hindering the current game when playing with mods?
    Post edited by buttnipples on
    Hi, is the new EEex update compatible with the current version or should I wait until you patch it?
    edited February 19
    Hi, is the new EEex update compatible with the current version or should I wait until you patch it? the comment got duplicated for some reason, pay it no mind
    I cannot wait. Would it be possible to take the inventory menu part of the UI from infinity and swap it into dragonspears?

EDIT: Actually, with UI mods are you able to patch/update them later without hindering the current game when playing with mods?

I no longer take care of Dragonspear UI, so I have no such plans. It is possible though, sure. And yes, you can just copy/paste content of this mod into the override without having to run weidu, with a little caution. Most changes apply to UI.menu file anyway, though there will be some new assets.
    IMO, after 0.7 bug fixes, the mod will be perfectly playable, I will only continue to add features until 1.0.
    D4N5T3P wrote: »
    Hi, is the new EEex update compatible with the current version or should I wait until you patch it?

Haven't test it, but from the changelog, I have no reason to assume incompatibility, since only eeex feature implemented yet is UI zoom.

Cannot reproduce this, I have it greyed out correctly, the code for that is unchanged from vanilla. Which game do you play, do you have any other mods/tweaks installed?

I no longer take care of Dragonspear UI, so I have no such plans. It is possible though, sure. And yes, you can just copy/paste content of this mod into the override without having to run weidu, with a little caution. Most changes apply to UI.menu file anyway, though there will be some new assets.
    IMO, after 0.7 bug fixes, the mod will be perfectly playable, I will only continue to add features until 1.0.

Thank you for response, last question. If I installed your UI plus all the mega mods and you release an update.... Is a simple patch possible or will it force a reinstall of every mod introducing possible errors? Im assuming thats why Ulkesh meant by waiting?
    Not sure what you mean by simple patch but as I said you can copy/paste the content of the mod (from folder named 'content' inside the mod) to the override without having to run weidu. Core component of this mod does that exact thing.
    Not sure what you mean by simple patch but as I said you can copy/paste the content of the mod (from folder named 'content' inside the mod) to the override without having to run weidu. Core component of this mod does that exact thing.

OH, ok thank you. Keep it up! Best modern U.I and out here.

Cannot reproduce this, I have it greyed out correctly, the code for that is unchanged from vanilla. Which game do you play, do you have any other mods/tweaks installed?

Tested it on bg1, bg2 and EET, it's the same everywhere. Also tested it without any other mods, same thing, I dunno
    edited February 20

Haven't test it, but from the changelog, I have no reason to assume incompatibility, since only eeex feature implemented yet is UI zoom.

Hm, with the new EEex version I get an error on start up that says <[string "menu"]:212: malformed number near '3then'> and the UI in the game gets borked

Tested it on bg1, bg2 and EET, it's the same everywhere. Also tested it without any other mods, same thing, I dunno

okay, got it now, it uses same resource as tab tooltip, so it is blank if you install "transparent tooltip" option. will fix.

Hm, with the new EEex version I get an error on start up that says <[string "menu"]:212: malformed number near '3then'> and the UI in the game gets borked

okay, will look into it, for now use the previous version.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,003

Line 13478, (missing space between 3 and then):
    elseif eng == 3then

EEex's new experimental LuaJIT component replaces the engine's Lua version, and LuaJIT is pickier about syntax / errors.
    Bubb wrote: »

Line 13478, (missing space between 3 and then):
    elseif eng == 3then

EEex's new experimental LuaJIT component replaces the engine's Lua version, and LuaJIT is pickier about syntax / errors.

Thanks, will fix.
    v0.7 is alive with following fixes:
    -unable to unmemorized spells with feedback
    -world map not centered
    -clicking on quest pop up text doesnt lead to the actual quest entry
    -important events not showing reliably
    -item description not closed on esc
    -iwd enable/disable HoF setting mode not shown
    -iwd enable/disable extra XP from higher/lower difficulties setting not shown
    -spell description on main gameplay not overhauled
    -store rooms have only peasant images
    -unlocked messagebox left outside of screen when zoomed/scaled
    -record screen status icons not showing modded ones
    -storescreen services/items not showing disabled state
    -mage book level 9 to priest screen crash
    -portrait in appearance screen not showing
    -some settings have incorrect translations
    -unable to create new save game
    -bg2 flames loop has incorrect graphics
    -store identify screen not showing selected items properly
    -iwd background for gnome thief missing
    -sorcerer level up spell progression not showing new spells to choose
    -eeex syntax error

New features:
    -more tooltips (for every button without text, combat icons,hotkey buttons)
    -new/original tooltip background
    -store healing/identify screen slots have new background

Cannot reproduce:
    -dual-classing has no final "OK" button
    -inventory lag
    -tob saves not showing when passed from SoA

To be fixed yet:
    -long dialog text cropped
    -debugger errors

Will not fix:
    -missing scrolling sound of spellbook levels (not sure if there was ever any)
    -close item description on hover to different character (too problematic)
    -highlight unsold items (not sure what that means)