Skip to content

[MOD] Remastered Spell Icons (v1.2)

PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,208
edited February 21 in General Modding
This mod remasters all spell and special ability icons, as well as scroll icons. It is compatible with BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, it patches vanilla UI to allow to display icons in HD even on scaled or zoomed interface.
It is also compatible with latest versions of my UI mods Infinity UI++ and Pocket Play UI++ (comaptibility is built in, no patching UI.menu), install RSI after UI mods.
I also included remastered spell icons for my other mods More Style for Mages and Spontaneous Casting, they will be available if this mod is installed after them.
For non-iwd games, there is an installation option to add iwd-style green summoning spell icons.

V1.1 adds compatibility with LeUI (patches UI.menu).

Installation:
Download the mod from GitHub and extract the zip file in the game's core folder (the one with a file "chitin.key" in it) and run "Setup-remastered_spell_icons.exe".

If you purchased your BG:EE game from Steam or GoG and you have a SoD expansion installed as well, you need to first install DLC Merger before installing any mod.

Screenshots:
qhy0ixg4i4tj.png
9c8s8vvmrotg.png
t28syebmt711.png
tz39bhj0wkfs.png
jks6fhv5gwcj.png
vby94tfekdmt.png
ifco36khbg7p.png
Post edited by Pecca on

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,527
    Amazing work! Did you use some form of AI upscaling?
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 268
    This is a really beautiful work.
  • ConnellyConnelly Member Posts: 78
    Looks neat. Heads up though, the line for MSFM looks up for a "remastered_spell_icons/content/mods/msfm/base" directory, but there's no base folder in msfm.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,208
    Amazing work! Did you use some form of AI upscaling?

I was testing many tools for a long time, but wasn't satisfied with any, so I ended up redrawing them by hand. Which wasn't ultimately that much work, I think I spent more time fruitlessly on the AI upscaling tools :).
    Connelly wrote: »
    Looks neat. Heads up though, the line for MSFM looks up for a "remastered_spell_icons/content/mods/msfm/base" directory, but there's no base folder in msfm.

Thanks, I released a fix.
  • suysuy Member Posts: 30
    They look very fancy, Pecca. Great work!

Does this mod install with IWD spells in BG? Like, when those are installed via IWDification/SCS/Talents of Faerun?

I assume this mod could go after them, and it would just overwrite the icons, but I'm not sure if the naming is consistent.

Thanks!
    Compatibility with IWDfication is not yet part of the mod. Though it should be straightforward, there are definitely some conflicts and I would need to inspect the mod first. However I will be focusing on Infinity UI for some time now and come to mod compatibility later.
    Pecca wrote: »
    I was testing many tools for a long time, but wasn't satisfied with any, so I ended up redrawing them by hand. Which wasn't ultimately that much work, I think I spent more time fruitlessly on the AI upscaling tools :).

Truly an amazing accomplishment!

I was going to ask whether it was possible to do the same for item icons, perhaps ever re-establishing vanilla behavior with the zoomed-in icons, but if you did everything by hand it would be an exceedingly time-consuming endeavor.

Kudos for releasing this :)

I think item icons could be remastered with AI tools actually, unlike spell icons, the assets are much better quality. I have no such plans though :).
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    @Pecca
    Wonderful work. I am impressed. It cost you a lot of time for sure.
    Would it be possible to make the icons of prepared spells a little smaller so that they fit in the frame?
    I am using LeUI mod
    f913824pumvo.jpg
    Every UI overhaul mod needs to be handled separatedly. When I have time I'll add LeUI compatibility.
    Lefreut did that for me so I released a new version with LeUI compatibility.
  • alaisFcZalaisFcZ Member Posts: 37
    this amazing !! mod !! thanks
    After having installed the remastered spell icons v 1.1, I get the following error:
    cgks6k29ppk4.jpg
    The game start normally and the spell icons in mage and priest books are scaled properly.
    As I understand from g3 forum, it should be fixed on LeUI side.
    @Pecca - does your mod cover ability icons as well? They are similar to spell icons in that they are fairly low res. Having your spiffy icons for spells and the original icons for abilities would create a rather stark contrast.
    It does, as is stated in the first sentence of the OP. :)
    edited February 20
    @Pecca
    Thanks again for your work on remastering the spells and abilities icons
    I would like to provide a list of special abilities that has missing the remastered icons:

[charname]
    slayer change

[priest of tempus]
    chaos of battle

[priest of tyr]
    divine favour
    exaltation

[shadow dancer]
    shadow twin
    @Parys thanks, released v1.2 with the missing icons.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 626
    @Parys thanks, released v1.2 with the missing icons.
    Amazing work ! :)

Do you have plans to also add DavidW's Talents of Faerun new spells and abilities to your mod ?
    In the future yes, I'd like to add popular spell mods, though first I would need to scan how much work would that be. But now I'm focusing on InfinityUI.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 626
    In the future yes, I'd like to add popular spell mods, though first I would need to scan how much work would that be. But now I'm focusing on InfinityUI.
    That's great. :-)
  • Kensei_xXxKensei_xXx Member Posts: 56
    Looking really nice. :)

Is this modification also compatible with your old DragonspearUI++ ?
    Kensei_xXx wrote: »
    Looking really nice. :)

Is this modification also compatible with your old DragonspearUI++ ?

No patching DUI.
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    @Pecca Brilliant work!

Being that whirlwind and greater whirlwind HLAs are both offensive abilities would you be willing to make a version of spcl900b and spcl901b in red?
    I thought about that, along with making elemental transformation priest spell white. In the end I decided not to, because I was too used to the blue color that it didn't click well with me. But I may include an option in the future
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    I thought about that, along with making elemental transformation priest spell white. In the end I decided not to, because I was too used to the blue color that it didn't click well with me. But I may include an option in the future

Thank you for your reply, I would certainly vote for the option.
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 169
    Wow Pecca thankyou
  • Nibor_ScotNibor_Scot Member Posts: 32
    Interessanter Mod obwohl ich weniger magische Fähigkeiten nutze, aber ich würde sehr gerne auf eine deutsche Übersetzung warten und es ausprobieren :)