Skip to content

[MOD] Infinity UI++ Beta v0.81

Comments

• VerthissVerthiss Member Posts: 22
    Pecca wrote: »
    I haven't overhauled the console yet, but I think you can use argent77's "Reveal hidden gameplay options" mod, which has improved console and should be compatible.

Looks like that mod wouldn't install in EET 😅
  • kelkel Member Posts: 3
    This is coming along great! Thanks so much for all your work on this @Pecca.

I think the only thing from Dragonspear UI++ that I'm missing is the "Large Portraits" toggle in its UI Options. While it may sound crazy, there's maybe a few of us that like to play on a 2160p display without scaling the interface, but the party portraits are a nice exception. :)

Is that an option that would be able to come back?
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 515
    Verthiss wrote: »
    I haven't overhauled the console yet, but I think you can use argent77's "Reveal hidden gameplay options" mod, which has improved console and should be compatible.

It works on EET.
  • LeimPorterLeimPorter Member Posts: 6
    I'm running just bg1 which is probably the issue here

the reform party window is misaligned
    seuqewadhdi9.png

the feedback box isn't displaying, just the scrollbar displays
    hle51q3o3g4n.jpg
  • LeimPorterLeimPorter Member Posts: 6
    the customization menu is borked
    i2dcxl8hbayg.jpg
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Beyond fixing bugs, what are the major features you plan to include before this mod is out of beta?

Thankee!
  • Jon_DMJon_DM Member Posts: 9
    Congrats! This is a great clean UI that gathers most of the popular UI tweaks.
    Seriously, I cannot go back to standard UI anymore! The font is very clear and readable, without real time automatic size updates.

I personally play in resolutions 1366x768 and 1440x900. I cannot stand the modern way some play it like it's an RTS view.

I noticed in the Graphics options, some of the explainations use text from in game phrases, like "Can I see what you have in stock?".
    I tried it in clean BG2EE 2.6.6.0 w/ and w/out the dialog component.

Please consider adding support for the Sub-Races mod https://github.com/tipun81/Subrace-mod.

Keep up the great work!
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,195
    Endarire wrote: »
    Beyond fixing bugs, what are the major features you plan to include before this mod is out of beta?

Thankee!

Reskinning remaining windows was supposed to be the last thing, but I started working on certain eeex feature that was previously unintended. Now I want to release it with some more eeex features including proper support for the extended spell menu, still in beta status.
    Jon_DM wrote: »
    Please consider adding support for the Sub-Races mod https://github.com/tipun81/Subrace-mod.

Keep up the great work!

Not sure but I didn't specifically make dui++ compatible with that mod, perhaps it is the mod itself that should be compatible as it probably targets cettain parts of the ui.menu code to patch
    Someone from Dragonspear UI++ added Subrace mod UI functionality. That's what @Jon_DM and I requested with Infinity UI.

Thankee!

PS: Thankee for incorporating Extended Spell Menu & EEex support!
    edited June 2023
    @Pecca
    Infinity UI didn't work with EEex-added thieving skills such as Epic Thieving. May we get that fixed?

(For clarity, I reported this based on hearsay in this thread.)

Thankee!
    Post edited by Endarire on
  • selnikselnik Member Posts: 4
    I am not able to get the "equipment comparison" feature to work. I have confirmed that the option is selected in the menu, and that it is active per the baldur.lua file. Any other steps I can take to try to get it working?
    @Pecca
    How does Infinity UI work with mod-added creatures and books?

Thankee!
    Those are static lists.
    @Pecca

I am not able to get the "equipment comparison" feature to work. I have confirmed that the option is selected in the menu, and that it is active per the baldur.lua file. Any other steps I can take to try to get it working?
    @selnik
    What's your WeiDU.LOG, your game version, and your platform (Windows, Android, etc.)?

Thankee!
    Endarire wrote: »
    @selnik
    What's your WeiDU.LOG, your game version, and your platform (Windows, Android, etc.)?

Weidu.log:
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~DLCMERGER/DLCMERGER.TP2~ #0 #1 // Merge DLC into game -> Merge "Siege of Dragonspear" DLC: 1.3
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #0 // EEex: v0.9.20-alpha
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #1 // Enable effect menu module - LShift-on-hover to view spells affecting creature: v0.9.20-alpha
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Enable timer module - Visual indicators for modal actions, contingencies, and spell/item cooldowns: v0.9.20-alpha
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #3 // Timer module - Show modal actions (red bar): v0.9.20-alpha
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Timer module - Show contingencies (green bar): v0.9.20-alpha
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #5 // Timer module - Show spell/item cooldowns (cyan bar): v0.9.20-alpha
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #6 // Time step module - Advance 1 game tick on keypress: v0.9.20-alpha
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #7 // Hotkey module - Edit override/B3Hotkey.lua to create advanced spell hotkeys: v0.9.20-alpha
    ~INFINITY_UI/INFINITY_UI.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install Infinity UI++ Core Component: v0.5
    ~INFINITY_UI/INFINITY_UI.TP2~ #0 #1 // Add Transparent Tooltip Background: v0.5
    ~INFINITY_UI/INFINITY_UI.TP2~ #0 #2 // Update several strings in Dialog.tlk: v0.5
    ~INFINITY_UI/INFINITY_UI.TP2~ #0 #7 // Select Number of Quicksave Slots -> 5: v0.5

Game version: v2.6.6.0

Platform: Windows 10

Thanks for your assistance!
    Equipment comparison is not implemented in this mod.
    Equipment comparison is not implemented in this mod.

@Pecca Understood, thanks for confirming. I got confused as the menu option for it still exists but has no function.
  • EnigmajazzEnigmajazz Member Posts: 16
    I think I have made the necessary changes to the subrace mod to make it work with this UI, it required quite a few changes so need to finish testing it.
    @Enigmajazz
    Tell Pecca when you have it done and send him the relevant files. I'm eager to have this functionality included!

Thankee!
    It's changes in the subrace mod so not something pecca can implement.
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    @Enigmajazz
    You can send subrace changes to me and I will pass it on to tipun or you can send a pull request to the mod github.
    tipun's subrace mod: Submit pull requests there.
    i will submit a pull request for the subrace mod probably tomorrow.
    In the meantime I have worked out how to resolve the issue with the wrong cheat menus areas appearing in different versions of the game.

If the code:
    if game:GetMissionPackInfo() then
    cheatAreaDisplayList = cheatAreasTutorial
    elseif game:GetMissionPackInfoTBP() then
    cheatAreaDisplayList = cheatAreasArena
    elseif startEngine:GetCampaign() == 3 then
    cheatAreaDisplayList = cheatAreasExpansion
    else
    cheatAreaDisplayList = cheatAreas
    end

Is replaced with:

if game:GetMissionPackInfo() then
    cheatAreaDisplayList = cheatAreasTutorial
    elseif game:GetMissionPackInfoTBP() then
    cheatAreaDisplayList = cheatAreasArena
    elseif rgGetGameEngine() == 4 and startCampaignData[currentCampaign].cheatAreasTable ~= nil then
    cheatAreaDisplayList = startCampaignData[currentCampaign].cheatAreasTable
    elseif rgGetGameEngine() == 4 then
    elseif startEngine:GetCampaign() == 3 or game:GetMissionPackInfo25() then
    cheatAreaDisplayList = cheatAreasExpansion
    else
    end

This should mean that each campaign in the base games or in EET will have the correct cheat areas appearing I believe. This means that at any point in a EET campaign you should be able to warp anywhere, the black pits one and 2 and tutorial have the correct areas to warp to and the campaigns in the base game only allow warping to the same areas that would be allowed in the base game.
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 251
    edited July 2023
    Loving the mod, but I am receiving crashes to desktop frequently when entering new areas. I am NOT saying it is your mod, but I started running a debugger to see if I can track down the culprit as it is not creating a crash dump file. So far, I have completed BGEE and am in SoD where the crashes have become more frequent (about a dozen times last night in the course of less than 2 hours).

I have only played for about 30 minutes tonight with minimal area transitions and have noticed a few things pop up in the debugger that I think are caused by your mod.

This appears when opening a gem bag and it keeps repeating over and over again as it appears to hit a null value. This is replicated across all bags (gem, potion, scroll, ammunition, and bag of holding) and even when opening containers.
    INFO: [string "menu"]:75: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
            return debug.traceback():1: in main chunk
            =[C]: in function '__index'
            menu:75: in function 'rgGetStoreItemQuantity'
            function enabled0000000009E38870 () return rgIsNthNumber(rowNumber,6) and rgGetStoreItemQuantity(rowNumber+4) ~= null end:1: in function <[string "function enabled0000000009E38870 () return rg..."]:1>

I am seeing this error occur when enemies are being killed:
    INFO: [string "function onopen0000000009C0FDC0 () ..."]:46: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
            return debug.traceback():1: in main chunk
            =[C]: in function '__index'
            function onopen0000000009C0FDC0 ()
                    rgIsCurrentQuests = 1
                    rgJournalActive = 1
                    rgJournalBestiary = journalDisplay
                    rgJournalLibrary = journalDisplay
                    --rgTestb = rgBestiaryGetHighestPartyLevel()
                    if rgLargeJournal == 1 then
                            if rgLargeJournalOpenOnce == 0 then
                                    rgLargeJournalOpenOnce = 1
                                    e:GetActiveEngine():OnLeftPanelButtonClick(0)
                                    e:SelectEngine(journalScreen)
                            else
                                    rgLargeJournalOpenOnce = 0
                                    Infinity_PushMenu('RG_MENU_BAR')
                                    local screenWidth, screenHeight = Infinity_GetScreenSize()
                                    local w = (screenWidth - 1365) / 2
                                    local h = (screenHeight - 768) / 2
                                    Infinity_SetOffset('JOURNAL',w, h)
                            end

else
                            Infinity_SetOffset('JOURNAL',rgJournalOffsetX, rgJournalOffsetY)
                    end
                    reinitQuests()
                    buildQuestDisplay()
                    chapter = math.max(0,Infinity_GetMaxChapterPage());

local rgbj = rgBestiaryJournalEntryCount()
                    local rgbc = rgBestiaryCount
                    --if rgBestiaryJournalEntryCount() ~= rgBestiaryCount then
                    --      selectedBeast = 0
                    --end
                    if rgbj ~= rgbc then
                            selectedBeast = nil
                    end
                    rgBestiaryCount = rgBestiaryJournalEntryCount()
                    table.sort(rgJournalBestiary,rgOrderBestiary)

local rglj = rgLibraryJournalEntryCount()
                    local rglc = rgLibraryCount
                    if rglj ~= rglc then
                            rgSelectedBook = nil
                    end
                    rgLibraryCount = rglj
                    rgLibraryDescString = rgGetLibraryDescription(rgGetLibraryEntryTitle(Infinity_FetchString(rgJournalLibrary[rgSelectedBook].text)))
                    --if selectedBeast ~= 0 then
                            rgBeastDescString = rgGetBestiaryDescription(rgGetBestiaryEntryTitle(Infinity_FetchString(rgJournalBestiary[selectedBeast].text)))
                            rgBeastTitleString = rgGetBestiaryEntryTitle(Infinity_FetchString(rgJournalBestiary[selectedBeast].text))
                            rgBeastStats = rgGetBestiaryStatistics(Infinity_FetchString(rgJournalBestiary[selectedBeast].text))
                            rgGetBestiaryFrame = rgGetBestiaryPicture(Infinity_FetchString(rgJournalBestiary[selectedBeast].text))
                    --end

table.sort(rgJournalLibrary,rgOrderJournalLibrary)

end:46: in function <[string "function onopen0000000009C0FDC0 () ..."]:1>
            =[C]: in function 'OnLeftPanelButtonClick'
            menu:341: in function 'rgEditNewBestiaryEntry'
            menu:301: in function 'rgGetJournalBestiaryEntry'
            menu:142: in function <[string "menu"]:141>

Post edited by morpheus562 on
    I have submitted pull request on subrace mod to add compatibility with this UI
    Thankee, Enigmajazz!
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 251
    edited July 2023
    EDIT: I worked with @Bubb and determined the crash was caused by a projectile mutator that was corrected in a later version of EEex.
    Post edited by morpheus562 on
    What would be involved in providing compatibility with the SCS component to allow mapping all abilities including mod-added ones to keys?

Thankee!