Skip to content

[MOD] Infinity UI++ Beta v0.9

Comments

• PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,212
    kaio wrote: »
    Pecca wrote: »
    I cannot reproduce this but I think I know what is causing it. There is a wrong scrollbar asset on HLA menu, which may cause crash on some systems. Try to fix it by opening UI.menu file in the override and replacing all occurences of:
    rgpscrl
    with
    rgdscrl1

Thank you for the answer, this workaround solved the issue!

Okay, I have published new release with this fix.
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 128

Thanks for the new fix.

Btw, did you check the pull requests at github? They seem to be nice but since i'm not a coder i dont know if they are fine. Are they good enough to be submitted?
  • Maky666Maky666 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2023
    jm6yo3d4n0sb.jpg
    v78kk789vh5v.jpg
    In BG2EE these errors still persist in customization character page and reform party window
    And a lot of lag on the inventory screen
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,527
    edited November 2023
    Apologies if this has already been reported.

When in the character record screen, leaving your mouse cursor over a character's portrait or the Record Screen icon will keep playing the scroll unfolding sound in a loop. This is in BG2:EE.

Also, is there a way to remove hit points from over the characters' portraits?

EDIT: Incorrect strref

7dh9fgecxsrh.png

EDIT 2: I noticed character portraits on the left-hand side of the screen are much smaller than those in Dragonspear UI++. Was that a deliberate choice? I much prefer the larger portraits.

EDIT 3: The dialog window in the classic (non-modern) UI mode overlaps some buttons that can therefore not be clicked:

an2cv3bl78cz.png
    Post edited by AndreaColombo on
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 627
    This UI is intended for a 16/09 screen ratio. If you have a 16/10 screen ratio, some elements will overlap.
    My monitor is 16:9.
  • shylamanshylaman Member Posts: 173
    Has anybody else had an issue installing this with SCS? SCS "Initialise AI components" will not install if Infinity UI is installed. I tried new game install. I eliminated other mods. Looking at the log this gave me the hint that Infinity UI was causing the problem (plus the fact it was the only new MOD I tried this time): "ERROR: [ui.menu] -> [override/ui.menu] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)".

Anyhow, anybody else have the same issue? Or an idea for a fix? I am going to poss in SCS forum too.
    I’ve had the same issue. I worked around it by installing SCS first.
  • JinashiJinashi Member Posts: 47
    shylaman wrote: »
    Has anybody else had an issue installing this with SCS? SCS "Initialise AI components" will not install if Infinity UI is installed. I tried new game install. I eliminated other mods. Looking at the log this gave me the hint that Infinity UI was causing the problem (plus the fact it was the only new MOD I tried this time): "ERROR: [ui.menu] -> [override/ui.menu] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)".

Anyhow, anybody else have the same issue? Or an idea for a fix? I am going to poss in SCS forum too.

Change Force_Difficulty_Widget to 1 within stratagems.ini before installing stratagem
    Hi all, in the little time I have, I'm working on reskinning remaining windows. I'm not chasing and fixing bugs at the moment (apart from game-crashing bugs).

Felipefpl wrote: »

Thanks for the new fix.

Btw, did you check the pull requests at github? They seem to be nice but since i'm not a coder i dont know if they are fine. Are they good enough to be submitted?

Not yet, sorry.
    Maky666 wrote: »
    In BG2EE these errors still persist in customization character page and reform party window
    And a lot of lag on the inventory screen

Not all screens are reskinned yet, but I don't experience inventory lag. Does it persist in all modes (party, party-hover,single)?

Other than the one in the settings? I think not.
    EDIT 2: I noticed character portraits on the left-hand side of the screen are much smaller than those in Dragonspear UI++. Was that a deliberate choice? I much prefer the larger portraits.

Large portraits setting was a partial mitigation of non-existing ability to zoom UI, which is introdiced with EEex now.

The dialog window in the classic (non-modern) UI mode overlaps some buttons that can therefore not be clicked:

This sometimes happens when I edit UI. Try to copy ui.menu file from mod's source folder into the override. Alternativately, use Unlocked messagebox setting.

Compatibility with SCS is on to do list.

It's strange. I installed Dragonspear UI++ and it doesn't have hit points on portraits in BGII:EE. With Infinity UI I unticked the option and they still showed.

Large portraits setting was a partial mitigation of non-existing ability to zoom UI, which is introdiced with EEex now.

A shame that it won't make a comeback. To get portraits that pleasantly large I'd have to zoom the rest of the UI way too much.

It's strange. I installed Dragonspear UI++ and it doesn't have hit points on portraits in BGII:EE. With Infinity UI I unticked the option and they still showed.

A shame that it won't make a comeback. To get portraits that pleasantly large I'd have to zoom the rest of the UI way too much.

Hit points work for me, though there may be a problem with portraits loaded from older saves. You can try to switch portrait of your main character and see if the problem fixes.

I may include large portraits in the future.
  • End0fDazeEnd0fDaze Member Posts: 1

Before installing SCS open /strategems/strategems.ini and change the line Force_Difficulty_Widget = 0 to 1. If you want to to fine tune the difficulty you will have to use the innate ability on your main character but otherwise it works fine. The overall difficulty slider still functions properly.
    edited November 2023
    This may be a dumb question, but how do I exit from a shop screen? I started a new EET game, talked to Wintrhop, bought some stuff ... but I couldn't figure out how to exit the screen and had to quit the game. I clicked everywhere, tried escape, tried function keys ... The only thing that worked was to CMD + Q to quit the game.

efchgbr4dgwn.jpg
    This may be a dumb question, but how do I exit from a shop screen? I started a new EET game, talked to Wintrhop, bought some stuff ... but I couldn't figure out how to exit the screen and had to quit the game. I clicked everywhere, tried escape, tried function keys ... The only thing that worked was to CMD + Q to quit the game.

efchgbr4dgwn.jpg

The close button is cropped out on your screen because the mod is made for 16:9 ratio, yours is 16:10 I think. You can play with unscale interface or install eeex and zoom UI to your liking. I will add closing on esc in future releases.
  • mledmled Member Posts: 47
    Will Eeex be a required dependency? (Note it's not available for everybody)
    The close button is cropped out on your screen because the mod is made for 16:9 ratio, yours is 16:10 I think. You can play with unscale interface or install eeex and zoom UI to your liking. I will add closing on esc in future releases.

Doh! I figured I couldn't be that blind/dumb not to be able to close the window. Unfortunately, no EEX since I am on a MacBook.
  • zelazkozelazko Member Posts: 88
    edited November 2023
    I would like to include missing sound of scrolling between arcane spellbook and divine spellbook levles/pages. What should I look for in the UIMenu. I am pretty handy with NI but so far the line I was looking for to edit eluded me.
  • xycqyfzxycqyfz Member Posts: 2
    Problem when playing in Chinese 7x49a0bv2qna.png
  • noxpwastenoxpwaste Member Posts: 1
    This mod looks amazing. Gonna give it a go once I get home from work. I’ve tried DUI++ but playing on a 3440x1440 is hard because some UI elements are just way too small and the vanilla UI elements with scaled interface has some elements way too large so it’s never a happy medium. Have any ultra-wide users encountered any issues with and without EEex (haven’t used that either)? Either way, will report any bugs I encounter!
  • LathandersVanguardLathandersVanguard Member Posts: 16
    edited November 2023
    :BUG REPORT:

For Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition (Steam Version)

Here's some small bugs/inconsistencies for the record:

1. The difficulty slider is fused behind the feedback button in the Gameplay Menu and as a result can't be changed.

Clarification: This only happens when Story Mode is activated meaning that the slider being unusable is normal but its location just needs to be moved back to where it belongs.

pnkaq8h0s9eh.png

2. Large amount of awkward space at the bottom of the worldmap.

l9ylrjkxsu8y.png

3. Tooltip scroll displays the words "Invalid" for three of the buttons on the bottom right corner of the screen.

pkyy5651ewyu.png

4. playing around enough with the advanced options on the UI++ Settings Menu yields some pretty glitchy results with the In-game HUD.

w46jjzoz4ftr.png

5. Pausing the game during the base campaign of Icewind Dale gives the Heart of Winter logo and background (although this might have been done on purpose).

gcgwhhvpxcdd.png

6. All area codes (beyond AR8016) from HoW and TotLM are missing from the debug travel window (unsure if this mod is the cause).

lol9umokmn4p.png

Keep up the good work and thank you for answering my previous questions!!! :)
  • 0gur0gur Member Posts: 8
    noxpwaste wrote: »
    This mod looks amazing. Gonna give it a go once I get home from work. I’ve tried DUI++ but playing on a 3440x1440 is hard because some UI elements are just way too small and the vanilla UI elements with scaled interface has some elements way too large so it’s never a happy medium. Have any ultra-wide users encountered any issues with and without EEex (haven’t used that either)? Either way, will report any bugs I encounter!

These are not my words, I saved this from reddit. You can do incremental changes to UI scale with Dragonspear UI++ but it takes a little bit of effort, Infinity UI++ has the same functionality implemented as a slider.

EEex mod has a "Scale interface" module that lets you do it incrementally. It is kinda complicated to set up though. After installing, you need to open "EEex_Modules.lua" located in /override, then swap the flag on B3Scale from "false" to "true" to active it. Then you either use the in-game cheat console and the command:

B3Scale_SetPercentage(p)

p is a number from 0-1, 0 - vanilla unscaled interface, 1 - vanilla scaled. E.g. 0.5 will give you the halfway between the two.

Alternatively, you can add a line in baldur.lua with the setting (which is what will happen when you use the previous method anyway):

SetPrivateProfileString('B3Scale','Percentage','0.5')

If you're using that mod, you might as well also use Bubb's Spell Menu, it requires EEex to work and it will display all the spells at once, THIS way.
    edited December 2023
    Hello,
    I released new big update v0.6.

Completion of remaining windows to "Dragonspear skin":
    -Character generation submenus
    -Record screen submenus
    -Multiplayer
    -Save screen
    -Cheat console
    New features:
    -Cheat console Spell list
    -Cheat console filers for areas and spells
    -modern HUD on right side for scaled interface
    -Close store screen on escape
    -HLA screen for IWD for modding purposes
    -new ToB wallpaper by Seldar
    -Advance hour by clicking on sun/moon part of clock
    Bug fixes:
    -option graphics descriptions
    -eet multiplayer compatibility
    -storymode slider difficulty correction
    -Fixed wallpapers visual glitch on scaled interface
    -fixed incorrect tooltips
    -more
    Post edited by Pecca on
    edited December 2023
    Next step aside from bugfixes is update with EEex features.
    Post edited by Pecca on
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 272
    Thanks for the new release.
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 128
    Thanks for the new version, does this build embed some of the PRs of github or fixes most of issues reported there?
  • JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 195
    edited December 2023
    @Pecca,

Can you tell me if you don't accept translation yet ?

The pull request sent to you several months ago was never implemented and now conflicts with your new version.

So I remade a new and updated one...

By the way, the installation throws an error at line 843, I have worked around the issue by replacing the ... ' ... by ... " ... for the last lines in L_fr_FR.LUA, but the problem may arise for other languages.
    Uh, sorry I didnt check Github that much. But you also reminded me that I wanted to release czech translation, so I released v 0.61 with french and czech translations.
    Felipefpl wrote: »
    Thanks for the new version, does this build embed some of the PRs of github or fixes most of issues reported there?

not yet, I willl focus on bugs now that the main part is finished.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited December 2023
    1) Chat box is still moving away after few dialogues:
    0jbdpbqa5pug.png
    2) Wild dog has strange string in bestiary and along with the wolf not translated description:
    olpx079w5wsb.png
    3) I have found 1 more unskinned box:
    3drp87zthg9c.png

PS: When i create character I still get 89 000 exp.