Skip to content

[MOD] Infinity UI++ Beta v0.9

Comments

• NusckiNuscki Member Posts: 5
    Please help me. I installed the mod infinity v0.81 latest version then installed SCS 35.17 version also latest and I get this window after launch (picture 1). In the main menu when I select "new game" everything disappears and there is a bare background. I tried to figure out the problem and did not find any errors in the file M_DW_OOD.lua
    line 284 was clean without unnecessary characters. I did not install any more mods except these two. And apparently the problem is in SCS but I can not understand what the reason is
    1.png 12.2K
  • moe23moe23 Member Posts: 33
    moe23 wrote: »
    As far as I know you have to deactivate the UI-Settings part of Stratagems in the stratagems.ini (Force_Difficulty_Widget = 0 change into -> Force_Difficulty_Widget = 1) before installing it. If you do that your MC gets an extra special ability to control Stratagems settings via dialog.

Also, as of now, the following component of stratagems doesn’t work, so don't install:

~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4115 // Thieves assign skill points in multiples of five

If I do both things I can install without errors and everything seems to work (didn't do a full playthrough though).

I think mod support will come after the release of 1.0.
    I have a little problem with this mod. As you can see, there is a code next to the class names. Can you tell me exactly what needs to be fixed in the line of code and in which file the names of the classes are located. I'm not good at coding, so you can tell me exactly what needs to be fixed. I can't reinstall the UI because then there is an even nastier error that I described above. I hope for a quick response
    cnfouc17aurf.png

1.png 1.4M
    Oh yeah, I just checked out the Dragonspear UI and ran into the same problem. Probably the problem is in my dialog.tlk because when I switch to English this problem goes away and everything works fine. Please tell me what I need to change in my dialogue. Because I don't understand code. Which line is responsible for the class kit
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 627
    edited June 20
    You either have last SCS version or Talents of Faerun installed. Talents of Faerun is not compatible with Infinity UI or Dragonspear UI.
    SCS should works fine, providing you first install the UI mod then SCS.
  • p6kockap6kocka Member Posts: 66
    edited June 22
    After a long time I decided to finish BG2. But I get theis small bug. I have no names in the dialog window. Is there any way to fix it pls?
    P.S. Have the latest Infinity UI++ Beta v0.81 + EEX
    e61ahxlmd62x.png
  • keturiduketuridu Member Posts: 13
    Can not add new portraits with m_ports.lua file nor could i edit bgee.lua to delete unwanted portraits from default list. Where should i look to change portraits list?
  • keturiduketuridu Member Posts: 13
    edited July 7
    keturidu wrote: »
    Can not add new portraits with m_ports.lua file nor could i edit bgee.lua to delete unwanted portraits from default list. Where should i look to change portraits list?

ok, found it. it's in ui.menu file (default entries) and one may place m_ or f_ files to pictures folder in documents to get new photos.

[edit] stil don't get it. when editing ui.menu i'm getting picture in char selection and character page, but empty avatar on sidebar
    Post edited by keturidu on
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,212
    I just released v0.9.

New functions:
    -NPC bar (requires EEex) - BETA (might cause performance issues)
    -PC effects next to portraits (requires EEex) - BETA (might cause performance issues)
    -Skins for main gameplay screen (bars, modern hud,actionbar, messagebox, dialog, etc)
    -art assets for skins for Bubb's spell menu (code will be integrated in Bubb's mod later)
    Bug fixes:
    -IWD start screen background swapped fixed
    -some various smaller bugs
    TBD in v0.9 series:
    -Full compatibility with Bubb's spell menu
    -EEex timer bars for 'Modern HUD' option
    -NPC bar and PC effects out of beta

New EEex functions are at beta stage because I'm unsure how will they fare on computers other than my own. They can be toggled on/off in UI++ settings with EEex installed.
    Shortly, I will submit a pull request to Bubb's spell menu with UI++ compatibility, until then, there will not be 100% compatibility with this version.
  • mledmled Member Posts: 47
    Is there a focus on depending on EEex?
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 128
    What about the issues on github? Are they unfixable? I'm curious about those pull requests on github too, are they useless?
    mled wrote: »
    Is there a focus on depending on EEex?

What do you mean?
    Felipefpl wrote: »
    What about the issues on github? Are they unfixable? I'm curious about those pull requests on github too, are they useless?

Oh okay, I'll check, I tend to forget to visit there. In v0.8 though, I have fixed most that were there at that time.
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 128
    Oh okay, I'll check, I tend to forget to visit there. In v0.8 though, I have fixed most that were there at that time.

I see, it's good to see you care, all devs i saw dont mind to answer or solve most (if ANY) of the issues or Pull Requests sent by the users that care about the projects they contribute.

• owen16owen16 Member Posts: 4
    Do you plan to have better SCS support in v0.9 series?
    owen16 wrote: »
    Do you plan to have better SCS support in v0.9 series?

No, SCS compatibility will come after v1.0, likely from SCS side.
  • alaisFcZalaisFcZ Member Posts: 37
    Hello, @Pecca I updated the Spanish translation and fixed a couple of things ! cheers and great UI
  • AratzuzaAratzuza Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I've been running into the same issue with the mod for about a week now, I'm running a pretty heavily modded game for the first time and I've managed to get everything other than this mod work.

I've followed the advice from other posts on here, especially since it's to do with SCS (The difficulty widget is =1) But something in SCS Is still messing with this mod. The UI is jumbled up, with the Textbox, New Game screen and inventory being blank, and the action bar part of the AI is slightly above the rest of it, leaving an empty space. I can Install the UI after SCS but that stops me from being able to level up for some reason.

98xzwzevuu9t.png

euqtgf98cn98.png

If anyone has any tips on how to solve it I'd be very grateful! I really want to use this mod but it's the only one I'm having issues with.
  • dvdbangsruddvdbangsrud Member Posts: 24
    Is it not possible to search bags? (Bag of Holding, Potion Bag, etc.).
    Is it possible to scale the modern UI setting? I am playing with "Scale User Interface" on, otherwise everything looks tiny, but when using the "Display modern HUD" setting, the portraits and buttons overlap in the bottom of the screen.
    Is it possible to scale the modern UI setting? I am playing with "Scale User Interface" on, otherwise everything looks tiny, but when using the "Display modern HUD" setting, the portraits and buttons overlap in the bottom of the screen.
    EEex mod has a "Scale interface" module that lets you do it >incrementally. It is kinda complicated to set up though. After >installing, you need to open "EEex_Modules.lua" located in >/override,
    then swap the flag on B3Scale from "false" to "true" to >active it. Then you either use the in-game cheat console and the >command:

B3Scale_SetPercentage(p)

p is a number from 0-1, 0 - vanilla unscaled interface, 1 - vanilla >scaled. E.g. 0.5 will give you the halfway between the two.

Alternatively, you can add a line in baldur.lua with the setting >(which is what will happen when you use the previous method >anyway):

SetPrivateProfileString('B3Scale','Percentage','0.5')

* I stole this one somewhere but don't know anymore where, hope it helps. Cheers to the original author!
    And how do I delete my comments when I posted it three times like an idiot... :neutral:
    And how do I delete my comments when I posted it three times like an idiot... :neutral:
    nevermind fellow human sometimes this happens, the forum is a bit querky...
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 627
    This mod is not compatible with the scale user interface, but if you have installed EEex before Infinity UI, you have access to another setting allowing to scale the interface.
    Trouveur wrote: »
    This mod is not compatible with the scale user interface, but if you have installed EEex before Infinity UI, you have access to another setting allowing to scale the interface.

If you have eeex installed and set in EEex_Modules.lua B3Scale to true, you will see a slider for zooming in UI++ settings in game.
    Trouveur wrote: »

It is compatible with widescreen scaled UI (16:9) entirely except modern HUD option which requires at least 50% zoom with eeex.
  • LynnShiey00LynnShiey00 Member Posts: 2
    I tried this UI for a few days and then switched back to Dragonspear UI++... I'm not good at recognizing the potions and items at the stores when they don't have their names displayed, neither do they have tooltips...
    I tried this UI for a few days and then switched back to Dragonspear UI++... I'm not good at recognizing the potions and items at the stores when they don't have their names displayed, neither do they have tooltips...

You can switch to classic view by clicking the mode button at top right next to the close button.
    edited September 9
    I tried the new version 0.91 together with EEex v0.10.2.1-alpha on an EET install.

-PC effects next to portraits
    -NPC bar

@Pecca Could you provide pictures which shows how these two components should look like in game?

I am not sure but I think booth don’t work right for me...

Nothing shows besides the portraits and nothing happens when I use a NPC bar hotkey on a sprite.
    Post edited by moe23 on