Skip to content

Bug: probable dialog.tlk problem (item’s and abilities names strings referencing wrong lines)

AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
edited February 2013 in Fixed
Current behaviour: several items and at least one item ability have their names definitely jumbled up (referencing something that rather looks like lines of dialogue or narrative then names). The items in question are all that are created by the Enchanted Weapon mage spell. Also the „Charm Fire Elemental” ability of the Ring of Fire Control (available from the equipped items’ abilities menu in the bottom bar) is subject to the same bug.
Edit: I’ve also found that the AI scripts are displayed as the standard character bio. What I mean is that instead of some of the scripts names and descriptions a biography text is shown.

Expected behaviour: items created by spells and abilities of equipped items are properly displayed.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
    Updated with another wrong string reference spotting.
  • BartimaeusBartimaeus Member Posts: 15
    I have the same Enchanted Weapon problem - the items have the incorrect strings referenced for their names. Descriptions seem fine. No idea what you're talking about for the scripts/biography problem, though.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited December 2012
    Where did you get this ring of fire control? Items not normally available in the game are not a big problem.

[edit]
    Hmm, i see, black pits.

[edit2]
    added a tracker entry for this.
  • AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
    @avenger: Yes I meant the Black Pits. I didn’t think it was important to mention this, as the game has a shared pool of resources, no matter the adventure played, doesn’t it? ;)

@Bartimaeus: I’ve just loaded the game to make a screenshot of the script names mix-up, but it seems to be ok now. I don’t know why a restart of the game would fix that though… (On the other hand I encountered a different bug right on the start now. I’ll post it in another topic in a moment though.)