Skip to content

Yeslick Orothiar

So I am in the Cloakwood Mines and Found Yeslick Orothiar, I invited him to my party; but then decided to move the character I dropped to outside the mines... When I dropped Yeslick Orothiar he walks off... now I can not find him to recruit him... is he gone forever?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    In the base game, Yeslick, like other recruitable NPCs, just stays where you left him after he leaves the party. If he did something else, it's because a mod changed things - likely to make it more convenient for you. I know there's at least one mod along these lines that has NPCs go to inns.
    The details, of course, depend on exactly what mod you have that's doing this.
  • HordolurHordolur Member Posts: 3
    No mods installed, just the base game BG1: EE without SOD cause it crashes the system everytime I install it
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    On first meeting Yeslick, you have the option to send him off without letting him into the party. If you do that, he goes to a tavern in Baldur's Gate, but can't be recruited from there.

Once he's been in the party at all, he shouldn't go anywhere when you dismiss him.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited April 2023
    You mean you can’t recruit him in BG City if you haven’t recruited him before in Cloakwood?

Not only does that suck, it also doesn’t make much sense :) but there we are I guess…

(On the plus side, he’s one of my favourite characters in BG, with excellent strength, constitution and wisdom. His intelligence is below nine though, which means he can’t use scrolls and wands easily, and this can be a problem.)