Skip to content

Toolset Scroll Speed

nwfan87nwfan87 Member Posts: 99
edited April 2023 in Builders - Toolset
With higher resolution monitors and more sensitive mouse, I'm finding the movement speeds within the toolset to be too fast. Is there anyway you can change these speeds either within the toolset or an external file?

Thanks!
Post edited by nwfan87 on

Comments

• mmatmmat Member Posts: 18
    Which movement speed do you mean? The mousepointer?? Do you want to say that the behaviour of the mousepointer within the toolset is different (faster) than in other Applications???
  • nwfan87nwfan87 Member Posts: 99
    edited April 2023
    @mmat Thanks for your post mmat. My fault for not being clear, in this context I meant the camera control speeds within the toolset for example, how fast the scroll speed is, or how fast the zoom speed is. The mousepointer is fine, in my case the mouse I use has the ability to customise DPI per application. I've set mine to one that it good for my screen resolution and feels right.

Because the screen resolution is so high (4K in my case), would it be prejudice to say, that I get the impression that the toolset by default, is not really designed for a mouse with high sensitivity (required for 4K displays). Any lower DPI and the mouse become really sluggish. When I'm using the scroll or zoom camera in the toolset, it is very difficult to achieve precision.
  • mmatmmat Member Posts: 18
    Sorry, the toolset is 20 years old. I guess the programmers didn't waste any thought that such an advanced hardware will ever come in use with it.

Consider to use the numeric keypad for scrolling and zooming.
  • nwfan87nwfan87 Member Posts: 99
    edited April 2023
    @mmat of course, no one would have ever expected NWN 1 to be such a long standing success. Might be something Beamdog could integrate into an upcoming patch, or someone might make a plugin.

Hey thanks for the numerical pad info. Thought there must be some keyboard controls for those functions, but couldn't work it out. This is much better for 4K solutions.