Skip to content

ICY Floor, or Slippery Floor script

Anyone know of a script out there that does this, or have suggestions on how to do it?

Player moves, but then doesn't stop exactly and keeps sliding in a direction as if walking on slippery ice.

Comments

• MelkiorMelkior Member Posts: 181
    I'm sure there's no way to do that directly. It may be possible to simulate it through scripting but it would be very complicated because the game "engine" was never designed to support such an action and afaik there's no event which would trigger when a character stops moving.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    SetObjectVisualTransform will create the illusion of sliding smoothly. I guess one of the LERP constants gives gradual deceleration, too.

The tricky part is that the PC is not actually in the position they appear to be in. You'd probably want to prevent combat, interactions with objects, and PC commands, for the duration of the slide, and jump the true position of the PC to the apparent end of the motion at precisely the right moment.

Interesting, though - I seem to remember sliding was a thing in the Ultima Underworld series?

• QuilistanQuilistan Member Posts: 177
    I thought I had remembered seeing it somewhere also.

Thanks for posting the SetObjectVisualTransform I couldn't remember what made things move like that.

I was hoping to have it be a challenge to a particular combat, where the enemies were immune to the sliding. Would be fun to battle Frost Giants that walk on the ice just fine, but you are sliding everywhere........

As is I guess I could make it a trapped room, to slide around to try and reach a lever or something.