Skip to content

Anyone interested in doing a Baldur's Gate Trilogy no-reload challenge?

AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
So we can pretty much all agree that, while EE has good potential to be something great, right now it's not exactly a complete package, and definitely not worth playing a challenge such as this on it, given all the bugs and uncertainties and also the fact that we can only complete BG1, while the 2nd game was always the series' strong point imo. So i feel the strong urge to reinstall BGT with all the good mods (tweaks - only the fair ones, SCS, etc) and run my char all the way up to Mellisan. But i don't really wanna feel alone in the experience doing it.

Anyone with me?

Comments

• The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    I promptly got eaten by a wolf when I exited Candlekeep and poked around the woods. No no-reload for me :P
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    I have never tried BGT...I might be convinced to try since BG:EE doesn't run well on my laptop. (Intel graphics issues, blergh.) I need something to do while waiting for either a fix or a new laptop (I was planning on getting a new one anyway, even before the devastation of BG:EE not working.)
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    As someone who has played BGT a lot and know all the minor details about the game, all i can tell you is that EE is an inferior product (for now), so many subtle and not-so-subtle changes that taint the overall experience. To be honest i would have rather paid 20$ if they compiled all the right mods into one package and gave us the ingame option to choose which mods/features we want to use. And maybe make the GUI a little bigger, since it's rather small with high res in BGT. Other than that, why try to change perfection??

Anyway, back to the point, if it turns out that nobody wants to join in this challenge, i'll probably do it myself anyway. Would anyone be interested in hearing updates about my no-reload journey (i wanna know if i should bother creating a thread here, posting my progress)?
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    If you recorded it (without commentary! haha) I would totally watch it. I love interesting playthroughs.

Are you thinking of doing it as a multiplayer campaign? I might be interested, but I don't have a ton of time to play and my schedule is kind of all over the place.
    Haven't thought about recording or streaming it, i would have to learn how to do that first. And no, single player, always single player. I like to use the normal NPC's for added personality and balance.
  • GwynnbleidGwynnbleid Member Posts: 17
    If you recorded it i would watch too , but i prefer with commentary , lol
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I always enjoy following no-reload threads with good screen shots and tactical descriptions. There are always several people doing it over at the Bioware boards, so if you want company, you might do better to join up over there.
    Yeah i know those forums all too well, i did post one of my runs there about an year ago, it was well received. Just figured everyone transitioned to these forums though.
  • MikePXPMikePXP Member Posts: 54
    edited November 2012
    Please do a "lets play" of it WITH commentary. I would watch every minute of it.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @AlexDeLarge, a lot of the old veteran players are still participating there.