Skip to content

Characters that fit well into a 5 bow/crossbow team.

I'm currently playing a game with 5 bow users and Jaheira. She does not really do a lot and I'm thinking that Khalid might be happier as a widower for the endgame.

It is a incredible overpowered party and I have the urge to make it even stronger even if it makes little sense gameplay wise.

I just arrived in Baldur's Gate and went straight for Protector of the Dryads and I have not visited Ulgoth's Beard/Durlag's Tower which means there is a bit of content left to level a new addition.

My party without Jaheira.
Archer charname(Protector of the Dryads +2 and occasionally the Army Scythe +1).
Khalid(The Dead Shot)
Coran(The Dead Shot)
Kivan(Composite Longbow +1)
Imoen dual(Shortbow+1) haste/web/slow and wand of paralysis are currently her main contribution.

Longbow +1 is the best bow I have left and I could always give a character the Army Scythe +1 in case I feel 5 launchers which means I could just add a fighter/ranger/paladin but I'm not sure that is the optimal approach.

Garrick or Eldoth could work well because you sometimes feel like using two wands of paralyzation at once. Extra spell slots for more buffs/debuffs and I guess even the bard song would boost the other characters nicely.

A mage for even more debuffs and haste. Dynaheir is the most powerful one I guess because of her specialization as a web caster although Edwin has more spell slots. Quayle might work even better because of his access to priest spells.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• JordiJordi Member Posts: 16
    I think summons can help here, your archers will be safer.
    I would take Dynaheir and equip her with wands of summoning.
    Pretty powerful party btw
  • TiaxTheSadTiaxTheSad Member Posts: 6
    Jordi wrote: »
    I think summons can help here, your archers will be safer.
    I would take Dynaheir and equip her with wands of summoning.
    Pretty powerful party btw

For some reason that post took forever to show up.

I actually added Quayle and things worked out really well. Quale buffed and Imoen haste. Afterwards it was bow spam/wand of fire spam.