Skip to content

Is there a mod that changes Sarevok to the non-expansion BG1 version?

TiaxTheSadTiaxTheSad Member Posts: 6
edited May 2023 in BG:EE Mods
I remember only beating him by filling the map with summoned monsters and pumping him full of projectiles before TotSC was released. I only finished two playtroughs before the expansion back in the day though IIRC.

Is there a mod for EE that gives him his 100% magic/element resistance back?

Comments

• smady3smady3 Member Posts: 48
    Yes it's called, "sarevok related tweaks" . Unfortunately the links do not work since SHS froums went down.
  • DarthNihilus530DarthNihilus530 Member Posts: 15
    smady3 wrote: »

I tried downloading using that link and it didn't work. I was interested in testing this mod, but it seems like the SHS is down again.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    @CrevsDaak updated his GitHub yesterday, so maybe asking him to upload his mod there would be a solution.
    @CrevsDaak updated his GitHub yesterday, so maybe asking him to upload his mod there would be a solution.

The last time he was online was in October 2022. How can I reach out to him here or somewhere else? I don't think he will respond.
  • JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 128
    I tried downloading using that link and it didn't work. I was interested in testing this mod, but it seems like the SHS is down again.

I have this one...
    Hello @JohnBob, I tested the mod you sent, thank you very much. However, I encountered an issue. I summoned Sarevok using the CLUAConsole command. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the sarevok is not causing any damage to any of my party members. Just to clarify, I summoned him using the CLUAConsole command. Could this be related in any way?
    edited November 2023
    I don't really know the mod, but what cre did you CLUAConsole ?

And which component did you install ?

Sarevok-related tweaks only modifies SAREVO.CRE
    I think I figured out why this was happening. There is an optional component in this mod that allows you to give a two-handed sword to Sarevok. When I removed this component, everything worked normally.

Do you know of any mod that makes the final battle against sarevok more difficult? in my mind it was supposed to be sarevok when he hit someone he would regenerate 2 life points because of his sword which in BG2 does that and also as he is a deathbringer he could have that power of Tob when he hit someone he had a 3% chance of the hit It paralyzes and does a lot of damage but I don't think there is a mod like that
    @JohnBob, I had summoned Sarevok using the CLUAConsole commands, and I initially thought that was the reason he wasn't causing damage. However, even when I loaded a save at the end of the game, Sarevok still wasn't causing any damage. So, the issue was indeed with that component I mentioned earlier.

Another way I thought of making the battle against Sarevok more difficult would be to have Tamoko present in the final battle alongside Sarevok, Semaj, Tazok, and Angelo. I could potentially do this manually if I knew how.