Skip to content

[Item Mod] Akun's Gear

IncrementisIncrementis Member Posts: 20
edited June 2023 in BG:EE Mods
Greetings to all,

I would like to introduce you to my very first mod and I am happy that it is one for BG:EE.

This is an item mod that contains 2 enchanted katanas and 1 armor for a Wizard Slayer. All items are only equippable for the Wizard Slayer fighter subclass at level 4.

The items can be bought from the merchant Erdane in the Durlags Tower area(outside of Durlags Tower). The trader sells the items directly from his stock (no dialogue options). Regular price is thousands of gold per item.

This mod is fanfiction.

It supports the following languages:
  • English
  • Deutsch

For more information, see the following link on GitHub(A lot of information oof :D ):
https://github.com/Incrementis/Akuns-Gear-

Here are some images to stimulate your appetite:
II_Layers_of_Compassion.png?raw=trueII_Weave_to_Dust.png?raw=trueII_Power_Crave.png?raw=trueII_Power_Crave+1.png?raw=trueII_Power_Crave+2.png?raw=trueII_Power_Crave+3.png?raw=true

More images:
WizardSlayerMale.png?raw=true
WizardSlayerFemale.png?raw=true

Thanks to "The Gibberlings 3" forum users who helped me with hints and information:
  • CamDawg
  • Graion Dilach
  • jmerry
  • subtledoctor
  • kjeron
  • AL|EN
  • Endarire
  • Jastey
  • argent77
  • Bubb
  • suy

Post edited by Incrementis on

Comments

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,356
    Awesome. Looks good
  • IncrementisIncrementis Member Posts: 20
    Awesome. Looks good

Thank you very much for your kind words!
    There is a new version update that includes:
    • The English description texts for all items have been improved.
    • The extension of the files is changed to be able to separate their functionality.
    • This fixes a link in the readme file.
    v1.3.26 is out.

Updates:
    • Improves source code for better maintenance
    • Correctes EET quick installation guide (SoD installation is required)
    • Change tpa in lib folder to tph
    • Deletes unnecessary file
    • Adds additional compatibility and operating system information to the readme file
    • Moves the backup folder when the mod is reinstalled
    • Names files with prefix and adds .tra files for messages
    • Adds an INI file for Project Infinity
  • barker262barker262 Member Posts: 75
    You're a brave chap to give it a try, let alone put it out to the public. Well done on the effort.

I tried to modify a special ability (defensive spin) to mimic one 'Artisan' did for the 'Blade' kit. Failed completely.
    Tried using Near Infinity to look at the ability code but I don't know what I'm doing. Shame, I really like the effect it produces.
    barker262 wrote: »
    You're a brave chap to give it a try, let alone put it out to the public. Well done on the effort.

I tried to modify a special ability (defensive spin) to mimic one 'Artisan' did for the 'Blade' kit. Failed completely.
    Tried using Near Infinity to look at the ability code but I don't know what I'm doing. Shame, I really like the effect it produces.

Thank you for the kind words.
    I also had trouble understanding this stuff at first and I'm still unsure since modding IE games is pretty tricky.
    If you want to improve your modding skills, it will take some effort. Here are some sources that I also used to understand things like Near Infinity and modding in general for the IE games:

I also recommend joining TheGibberlings3 forums and their Discord server(You can find it in the forum in the top navigation bar) as there are lots of experienced modders and information there that can help.

There is also a helpful Discord server for Infinity Engine managed by Thor Thunderfist, but I can't remember how I found the link.

Keep your head up and don't give up, the community I mentioned is generally accommodating.
  • barker262barker262 Member Posts: 75
    Cheers Incrementis. I'll look them up, the Dnd detective sounds familiar.