Skip to content

Missing blueprints from haks

Hello:

Just started trying the NWtoolset after a very long hiatus. I am trying to add the CEP (tried both 2.x and 3.x most recent releases). Everything seem to go ok, but when I got into the included modules, all the custom pallet entries were empty... no blueprints. There were no errors loading the modules and when I edited the module properties I could see the added haks in the drop down, so I assume that I have them in the right place.

I had noticed in the modules I was creating before trying to add any haks that there were long trees of empty entries in the "Tile specific" entries as well... not sure if the problem is related.

In any event, what might I be doing wrong? I put all the haks in the Documents\Neverwinter Nights\hak directory, and all the other files in their corresponding directories, but their is no way to paint items, etc.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanx

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,282
    Some time ago, most blueprints were removed because they were creating problems for larger PWs (with resource limits that applied at that time). The recommended method is to make your own by editing a similar resource, changing the appearance drop-down.

CEP 2.x includes optional haks described in the script documentation, which include templates for a few resources that reference custom scripts.
  • TheDoctor165TheDoctor165 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2023
    Thank you! I read something about that for placeables after posting but thought there were still some custom creature templates included because the movement models were so specific and different from any standard model. I just made a fire ant based on a beetle model, so I think I now understand how it works. I still have another question... I thought there were DM tools in the CEP along with player tools, both giving access to each to more commands and making routine tasks easier. I can't seem to find them in the CEP... is that a different resource?
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,282
    In CEP 2.x (only) the DM tools are described in the script documentation (see docs subfolder) and are located in the optional script haks.
  • TheDoctor165TheDoctor165 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you!