Skip to content

I did it again! - Solo - no reload - BG1 -> Sod -> BG2 -> TOB

skroq12skroq12 Member Posts: 3
Yesterday I completed my solo no reload run on normal difficulty (Core Rules) through the entire Baldur's Gate series and this time I have recorded it, but the 1 hour videos take 7GB+ so It will take time to upload everything.

Game version v2.6.6.0 - no mods, no CLUAConsoles, not a single screen of death from the very start in Candlekeep to killing Amelyssan.

I used Dwarven Defender which is OP class due to his defensive stance skill and natural resistances to damage in addition to having better saving throws. I agree what many say, it's the best warrior class. When you use: defensive stance, Roranch Horn, Defender of Easthaven and Infernal barrier belt you get:

Slashing 90%
Crushing 100%
Piercing 90%
Missile: 95%
Magic Damage: 50%

Than you get super low saving throws: save vs spell -10...

I mean' c'mon... a bit unfair towards everyone else..

So I figured out something that I wasn't aware before.. In BG if you are playing melee and solo, two things matter: saving throws (shorty bonus ftw) and not AC (this is valid only in BG1-SoD and beginning of SoA), AC is pointless in ToB. What matters is damage reduction, that's why the best weapon is Defender of Easthaven and best armor is that human skin +5 that gives you +4 saving throws.

In same cases in ToB I had to switch to White Dragon Armor to give me Ice resistance vs still deadly:
Ice Salamanders, Ravager, Amelyssan.

I figured that the only things that can actually kill me spell wise: Labirynth / Inprisonment - that's it. With my Claw of Kaza and save throws for spell -8, I could save against everything.

In terms of raw damage, the most diffult fights were:
BG1 - Drizzt (i wanted to get his scimitars for that + 3 to hit demon in SoD), but the Kiel Helmet + Blood-Filled Goblet combo made everything much easier
SoD - the elites in castle of dragonspear (I gulped 10+ potions of power)
SoD - Behilfet - I drunk 20+ potions of heroism and 20+ potions of regeneration
BG:SoA - Black Dragon in Suldanessellar - that thing got me scared for a second
BG:ToB - Draconis - he teleported inside me.. or I did inside of him.. and I couldn't move much and got me the closest I was to dying in the whole series especially with his breath attacks, uff!
BG:ToB - Ravager - I sent similarcum with the Soul Reaver +4 and I used Answerer was easier than I suspected
BG:ToB - Final fight with Amelyssan - It took me 30 minutes, but I took it slow and used secret weapon Shield of Reflection/DoA and when she came close I switched to Flail of Ages to slow here down.

Best items in the game for my run and other important stuff to make things easier:

BG1-SOD
Kiel's helmet + Goblet combo
Drizzt scimitars
Balduran's cloak
Greenstone amulet
Potions of heroism + power + regeneration - save for SoD
Claw of Kaza - make sure to put in on in the epoliogue and dont carry Balduran's helmet

BG2-TOB
Ring of Gaxx !
Human Flesh +5 (I was able to use it after hell trials when it changed my alignment from lawful good to evil)
Defender of Easthaven
Vhailor's Helmet + prot from magic/undead
Amulet of Seldarine
Gauntlets of Extraorditionary Spec
Claw of Kaza
The Frost Embrace! - very importatn to have those boots for the end game fights when enemies like Amelyssan can dispell prot from cold
Roranch horn - vs Baltazar he will get you stunned, but he won't be able to damage you with crushing
Reflection Shield + 1 - vs Amelyssan time stopped ranged attacks
Belt of Interial Barrier (it's too good to use that Skillful belt from Sod)
Weapons: apart from DoE, I like FOA+5, Axe of Unyielding (tunnels in Sendai's enclave), I used Mace of Distruption for lvl drain and than switched to Runehammer +4 (as you can't get +5 because of bash not opening that lock even with STR25)

Final inventory picture:

FYI: on this picture my HP is higher (because of Potions of Heroism I gulped during Amelyssan Fight)
Standard HP is 280.

oqtfvzplhfay.png

First yt video:

https://youtu.be/q6E8ZcPxv6Q
Post edited by skroq12 on

Comments

• OlderThan13YearsOlderThan13Years Member Posts: 79
    edited June 2023
    This will be interesting and insightful to watch. Your rules for permadeath runs are quite similar to mine. Thanks for sharing!
  • who_is_danielwho_is_daniel Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 98
    How did you handle all the Litchs without a caster?