Skip to content

So.. where is Amber?

ErykErykErykEryk Member Posts: 38
edited June 2023 in BGII:EE Mods
More than 1000 hours played. Marvelous game. Marvelous mods.
But romance - I've tried so many of them (heterosexual male), and after trying I've got to be honest - only Amber is close to vanilla classics (maybe Isra but not quite there. Maybe im just not a fan of courtly romance. Isra is great and balance def). In some parts she's even better. The voicing, the plot, the focus on PC. the romantic scenes. character shift and growth, scripts. everything about her is perfect. But there is no ToB content. I think it's a great shame and after so many years I can't find any reason for authors not to let some of our great modders to finish her. Especially since the authors allready done quite much for ToB. This mod without closure is painful to play. Completely breaks immersion. I really think its time. Especially since soon BG3 is coming in full version. Please our good wizards - make things happen.

My other thought is that Amber should be a golden standard for modders. If you are coding character without voicing, without quests, without good depth your hard work will be forgotten quickly..
If you're coding mary sue focused on herself with op gear and stats - you're boycotting your own work.
If you're coding romance that is so easy to achieve - you're breaking the immerssion hard

I think that patronite should be more present in our great community. 1 dollar won't hurt to let modders make better npcs and mods.

I hope I did not offend anyone. Just shared my thought.. :) Have a nice life great people!

Edit: I have forgotten to mention wings - great mod, also skitia romances are very nice, however i feel that dialogues could use a little bit more work and depth and voicing from other games doesnt feel good. But otherwise great work and also very innovative and greatly enhancing the game approval points system. This should be implemented to the core of the game :)

Edit2: Amber has "inofficial" or rather stolen version made by i think roxanne for tob. don't DL it. Trust me.
Post edited by ErykEryk on

Comments

• InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    what Amber has to do with "baldur's gate" 3 scam? absolutely nothing. and realistically when this massive turd wil be released 99% of moddders will playing this instead of modding, amirite?

patornite is a disease.
  • ErykErykErykEryk Member Posts: 38
    i dont follow you mate. cannot see your point between all the hate in your comment