Skip to content

Help with BG EET installation

Dear All,

I am am a father of 3 small kids who now thinks it is about time to travel through Baldur's gate again, after more than 20 years. But too little time for investigation, or just me being too confused, prevents me from fulfilling my dream. Please help:
I installed BG1EE, BG2EE and SoD (I bought the freshest versions here on beamdog yesterday but I dunno where to find which version it is; it also confuses me that when I wanted to add some file to BG2 to install EET it says that there is no space in the beamdog library - why this happens? I have lots of space on my hard disk ).

So, first I'd like to merge it into EE Trilogy. How? Where do I find the installation files for that?
Secondly, I tried modding my games, but it all stops when I try to finish it (it says it cannot find some files, before it informs me about a bunch of conflicts, etc.) So, where to find the proper (freshest) files to install EET and mods, and which mods to install before, and which after the merge? I am most interested in adding some new interesting encounters, sellers and items (only bags of holding and similar suff that helps me placing lots of stuff in my inventory) as well as some funny conversation etc.

Thank you for your help!!

Comments

• moggadeetmoggadeet Member Posts: 8
    EE Trilogy is available here.

What mods are you trying to install? If you want to install a lot of mods, I recommend using Project Infinity.

If you're looking for mod suggestions, I wrote a sizeable list of mods I would recommend, including download links. Please let me know if I can elaborate on any of them.
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 429
    Hi Wicket! Just wanted to welcome you to the forum! B)

Hope you enjoy your BG adventures! Would be awesome if your children could enjoy adventuring as well when they are old enough. B)
  • wicketwicket Member Posts: 4
    guys thank you very much, I'm just about to initiate installation. Actually, I'll go for your suggestions in modding since I only want to add some things. One I really like is the ability to purchase mutliple item storages in BG1 (bag of holding, gem bag, etc). I remember using lots of mods before, but I forgot which i liked most.
    Anyway, I'll start with the installation now, so
    moggadeet wrote: »
    EE Trilogy is available here.

What mods are you trying to install? If you want to install a lot of mods, I recommend using Project Infinity.

If you're looking for mod suggestions, I wrote a sizeable list of mods I would recommend, including download links. Please let me know if I can elaborate on any of them.

When I enter the screen, I download the setup file, but when I want to start it, it says that I have to put it in my infinity engine directory. Where/what is it? I remember that in BGT I just put that file in BG2 directory and everything started... Please help
  • moggadeetmoggadeet Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2023
    Storage items in BG1 - you can get that through Tweaks Anthology.

To install EET, you need a copy of BG1 with the Siege of Dragonspear DLC, and you need to download and install the DLC merger first, in the BG1EE folder.

The EET installer goes in your BG2EE folder: make sure you extract the whole folder there. You point it to your BG1 install, and it'll sit there for awhile installing things. The vast majority of other mods will get installed at this point. I recommend reading this to learn more about install order and why it matters.

Once you have all of your other mods extracted to your BG2EE folder and installed, then you run setup-EET_End, and once it's finished, you're done.
    edited July 2023
    It works without dlc merger, I just pressed "repair" on the beamdog client SoD and EET has been successfully installed :-) Thank you guys
    Now I'm about to start modding
    Post edited by wicket on
    Hi guys,

I was playing EET for some time and the exe file just disappeared :-(
    I will reinstall it, but where to find EET saves?

Thaks!