Skip to content

Tiax, Garrick and Coran from BGEE to SOD

DhariusDharius Member Posts: 664
I have another weird question about these three NPCs. Now of course you can have them in your party in BGEE and the SOD prologue, and they appear later in SoD in Baldur's Gate City...

My question is when they appear in the City in SOD are they newly spawned versions of these non-joinable NPCs or are they the original versions, if you had them in your BGEE party?

The reason I ask is, if it is the latter this would be a great way of transferring items from the SOD prologue to the next chapter which you could steal/loot from these NPCs after the prologue.

Just curious... :)

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,872
    They're newly created. Not even the same script name as the BG1 versions of those characters.

If you had them in your party when you transitioned to SoD, anything they had equipped or were carrying when you finished the initial dungeon is transferred to chests that you can access. If you had them in your party at some earlier time, whatever they had is out of reach.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 664
    edited July 2023
    Oh drat - well it was worth a try...do both the equipped items and backpack items go into the chests? I thought it was only the backpack items for "lost BG NPCs" that go into the chests, and NPCs take their equipped items with them permanently?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,872
    That's ... OK, looking at the scripts again, it appears that the equipped items go with the characters when they leave, with the exception of Imoen. Even if you'll never see them again. Bummer. Well, at least SoD is pretty generous with gear. And you could swap out a bunch of gear before you exit the dungeon to get around this.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 664
    OK thanks! :)