Skip to content

Does Keldorn have a timer with the Unseeing Eye?

Will Keldorn get mad at me, or possibly leave if I pick him up and then walk right out of the sewers and leave that Unseeing Eye quest for later?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,833
    No timer on the Unseeing Eye. Keldorn's only timers are in his personal quest regarding his family. Once you visit the Government District with him, you're on the clock. Nothing too restrictive, but you can't just go adventuring all over Amn without dealing with that or he'll leave you.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited July 2023
    jmerry wrote: »
    No timer on the Unseeing Eye.

Possibly it is not completely true as long times ago on a run I did lost the quest. I did talk to the cleric that addressed me to the temple to get the quest but I did not go there, I did other things including the whole underdark, then when I finally went to the temple the quest was no more available. It was on the original game and I don't know if EE changes that, but it seems that at least a timer is present in that quest.
    I don't think that is relevant to the OP question as he already got the quest, while I could not get it at all and he is probably not planning to delay it as long as I did that time, but maybe it is worth to know it.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,833
    There is one quirk of the Unseeing Eye quest that can make it unavailable. If your protagonist is a cleric that gets directed to the temple of Lathander or Talos, and then they're not a cleric when they go to actually speak with the Stormherald or High Mornmaster, that priest won't even talk to you. If this might be an issue - usually because you're a cleric that plans to dual-class to something else - make sure to actually speak to the priest inside the temple and get the quest properly before you make your protagonist into a non-cleric.

The EE provides some fixes here, though I don't think every possible situation is covered. From the "CD" prefixes on the variables involved, it's BG2 Fixpack material that was incorporated into BG2EE.