Skip to content

Looking for Questmod, Item Mod to implement +3 Axe into BGEE or SoD

Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
edited July 2023 in BG:EE Mods
Quick question guys. Is there an Item Mod or Quest Mod out there which puts an +3 Axe somewhere in the Game. Main Reason is to have an Axe to be able to hit Belhifet with. Could be also just a Vanilla +3 Axe. Doesn't have to be fancy.

Cheers.

Comments

• mledmled Member Posts: 46
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    Just because an item exists in the game files doesn't mean it's actually available in the campaign.

The Battle Axe +3 is equipped to Caelar's Lieutenant, a dwarf fighter that appears in the cutscenes just before you enter Avernus. And which is deleted in the same cutscenes, so you never have control while he's around. You would need to do something seriously cheesy (described in that wiki entry) in order to have a chance at picking it up.

Hmm. How about diversifying the "Void" weapons Jegg Hillcarver can make? Currently it's just a hammer, a long sword, 80 arrows, or 80 bullets. That would be a fairly clean way to get more variety in +3 weapons into the campaign without significantly changing the balance. After all, you can only have one weapon made out of the voidstone shards.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 502
    There is also the enchant weapon spell.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    There is. And one of the mages the campaign makes available to you is Dynaheir, who can't cast it. My first run settled on a party of a fighter (dwarven defender) protagonist, Corwin, Dynaheir, Minsc, M'Khiin, and Safana. Enchant Weapon was not an option with them. I had to settle for using Sundermaul against the boss, rather than one of my various +2 axes.
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    edited July 2023
    My planned Run is also with a Dwarfen Defender and i debatte if i should go with Axes or Hammers really. Axes would just be way better going into BG2 and the Transition being smooth from BG1 to 2 if there was a nice +3 Axe available. Enchant Weapon is a Possibility of course but i would rather fill my Spellbook with Spells which are universally usefull especially on Higher Difficulties and with SCS installed.

I thought a good place to put a good +3 Axe in the Game would be the Dwarf Dungeon in SoD maybe or Durlags Tower cause it makes thematically sense.

In BG2 we have Frostweaver available, Stonefire and if Choosen of Cyric installed from RR an Axe with Electricity Damage. In my game there is a +2 Poison Axe so i thought maybe an Axe with Magic Damage or Acid Damage would be nice.

I still to this day wish there would be "Water Damage" implemented into the Game with a nice Damage Animation. I mean there are Water Elementals in the game....

Or a Weapon which has a chance (maybe 10% or 5%) or on a crit to proc "Smashing Wave" (the IWD Priest Spell).

• TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 502
    Wutan1988 wrote: »
    Enchant Weapon is a Possibility of course but i would rather fill my Spellbook with Spells which are universally usefull especially on Higher Difficulties and with SCS installed.
    You only need a +3 weapon for the final SoD boss, so no need to fill your spellbook with Enchant Weapon. :-)

• masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Also worth noting that you'll have 7 pips at that point- very easy to take points in both weapon types with a little planning (maybe 4 in one and 3 in the other, or if you want to dual wield then 3 in one, 2 in the other, and 2 in dual wielding)