Skip to content

In what condition do the second group of radiant knights appear at low reputation?

Knights with unique names emerge instead of amn soldiers sometimes when my reputation is low. I defeated the first group and the last survivor swore to come again. Unfortunately I met the second group when I was away from the game for a short while, only in time to see the dying message of my character kill by 'sir X'. Then I loaded the save and waited to see how strong they are. But this time and all my tryings later emerge only amn soldiers. How can I see my murderers again?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,833
    The knights show up when the protagonist is at level > 13; in the case of a multiclass, that's the average level. Defeat them, and they'll be eligible to come back after a day ... but only if at least one of them gets away. Kill the whole group, and they're dead for good.
  • reko35reko35 Member Posts: 17
    jmerry wrote: »
    The knights show up when the protagonist is at level > 13; in the case of a multiclass, that's the average level. Defeat them, and they'll be eligible to come back after a day ... but only if at least one of them gets away. Kill the whole group, and they're dead for good.

Well, that was strange for me. My level is high enough to trigger their appearance. And I managed to kill all of them after the last one shout something like "I'll be back".
    I dared to leave the game running because every time they shouted something first which paused the game before the fight. But second group of knights didn't seem to. I don't even know how I was killed. Only the last few messages on the uncontrollable UI showed the killer's name.
    After that, I kept killing or loading, but never made them reappear.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,833
    You killed them all, and that's why they won't be back. They can say "I'll be back", but they still need to actually get away after that. It's just like a normal party; a survivor can get the others raised, but a total party kill is game over.
  • reko35reko35 Member Posts: 17
    jmerry wrote: »
    You killed them all, and that's why they won't be back. They can say "I'll be back", but they still need to actually get away after that. It's just like a normal party; a survivor can get the others raised, but a total party kill is game over.

Then my killers are bugged. I left the game running once and they killed me. I kept my eye on the game and they never showed up. I don't think quantum mechanics act in this way...