Skip to content

now unable to get Coran into Ventura OSx 13.3.1 (a)

getting old sux

Comments

• steelchasersteelchaser Member Posts: 72
    i keep trying but i get a error message "setup-coran.tp2" not found? any advice besides go back to pong.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,834
    Oh. So, this is some mod you're trying to install. Your initial post didn't get any response because no one could tell what you meant.

A "not found" error probably means that things aren't in the right place; the installer looks for the tp2 file on a specific path. Here's what you need when installing a typical WeiDU mod:
    - In your main game folder, at the same level as chitin.key, the game application, and various folders such as "data" and "override", you should also have the mod's folder. That folder will contain a .tp2 file, typically named as setup-xxxx.tp2, and any other files needed.
    - Also in your main game folder, you should have any installers you plan to use. On a Mac, that's typically a tiny .command file and a larger file named the same as the tp2 but without the extension. This latter file is a renamed copy of the WeiDU executable; it's needed to interpret the code that makes up the .tp2.
    - Run the installer, and you get a command-line interface (Terminal). Follow the prompts to install the mod. If you want to uninstall at a later date, run the installer again.
    Thank you, i will it after i get my honey dos done
    Everything installed and it's mostly working. well mostly all the corona dialog comes through as invalid with a number. Is there a chart somewhere or maybe i should re-install?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,834
    No, there's not a chart, and there can't be. The numbers associated with mod-added text vary depending on the installation.

The mod needs to put new text strings into the game, and something went wrong with that. I can see two likely possibilities:
    - Did you install the mod in the same language you play the game in? While all of the text in the original game exists in all of the game's languages, mods install their new text to only one language at a time. If that's not the language you're playing in, you get problems like this. The fix for this one is to reinstall the mod in the proper language. And if the mod isn't available in the language you play in, you uninstall the mod and then don't reinstall it at all.
    - Are you installing the game to BGEE with Siege of Dragonspear? Some versions of that game (Steam, GoG) package the added content as a "dlc" archive, and the resources in that archive override those found elsewhere. One of those resources is the file with all of the game's text in it, so any changes to that get ignored. The fix to this one is to uninstall the mod, install "DLC Merger" (it's one of the announcements in the general modding forum), and then reinstall the mod.
    i think i installed in rag but i will check. all my downloads for the game are from beamdog. the mod is from one day npc or whatever its called. probably best to uninstall and reinstall. will the game fail? if not ill just keep randomly selecting interactions.