Skip to content

iOS abandoned?

I just restarted BG2 on my iPad. I beat Irenicus and start chapter 8. I save the game at that point to a new save game file. At this point, if I stop playing and don't go back to the BG2 app, it forgets where I was and the save file from Chapter 8 is gone. I've tried this 3 different times with the same result – the game puts me back at the end of Chapter 7 before I defeated Irenicus.

This incredibly frustrating. The Support link in the App Store gives me and error page.

From what I can tell, Beamdog has abandoned iOS, which is really sad.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,872
    Is there some sort of campaign selection in the iOS app? Because in the desktop versions of the game, you have to select "Shadows of Amn" or "Throne of Bhaal" or "Black Pits 2". Whichever campaign you're on, you can't see the others' saves. And while chapter 7 is in the Shadows of Amn campaign, chapter 8 is in the Throne of Bhaal campaign. If you want to and load your chapter 8 saves, you need to do so from the ToB menu.

Campaign selection should be the very first screen you see when you start up the app; that's how it works for desktop BG2EE, at least.