Skip to content

Dakkons line to transcendent one

At the fortress of regrets when dak'kon said, 'I have been here before, this time I shall never leave', I understood it in two ways.
The obvious meaning is that he's been to the fortress of regrets before and he's going to accept his death there.

The other meaning I derived from it was that it mirrors his fall from shrak'ktlor. As when he was in that hopeless, broken state - he knew that he was ready to die, but was robbed of that final release from his suffering by the nameless one.

This makes sense as well, as dak'kon would see the greater shadows as manifestations of the agony he felt (possibly the shadows of those that died because of his lapse of faith)

Only this time, he is ready to face the punishment that he feels he may have deserved.

With the beautiful complexity of torment, I wouldn't be surprised if the line had this much depth.

Or I'm just overthinking it xD

Comments

• ZerthimonZerthimon Member Posts: 3
    It's also important to note that just before the party enters the fortress of regrets, morte and dak'kon both illustrated that the last time they went to the fortress, the shadows were their torments made manifest.

Reminds me of silent hill 2