Skip to content

[Help] I broke backstab damage calculation

JahredJahred Member Posts: 2
Hello All,
This is my first post and I would like your help with one topic.
I'm fairly new to modding BG2:EE and I recently started playing with some mods. I installed: Ascension + Rogue Rebalancing + IWDification + SCS + Tweaks Anthology. I played a little with installing and uninstalling some of the components (which I didn't like) during my playthrough as well as using EEKeeper to correct some bugs (like not max HP for joining companions).

At some point of time I realized that my backstabs are not doing enough damage - I tested a little bit and to my surprise I found out they are ALWAYS doing the minimum backstab damage (even the bonus from LUCK is not taken and it's always overwritten to 1 dmg from weapon). I checked different savegames from previous playthrough (before I started modding) - same thing. I started a new game - issue is gone, backstab is calculated correctly. Funny enough I also found some old savegame from my current playthrough that also do not have this issue on place which got me even more confused...

So now the question is - how to get to the root cause of this? How to debug it and fix it? Was some kind of global variable messed up because of the mods reinstalls and/or EEKeeper? How come one of the old savegames was not affected and other (even older) were?

Comments

• JahredJahred Member Posts: 2
    OK I solved the issue. It was not a bug but a feature :) Increasing fatigue gives you increasing panelty to LUCK (up to -94!). Good to learn something new after 25 years :)