Skip to content

BG:EE crashes, when trying to load

BadouvasBadouvas Member Posts: 3
edited August 2023 in Troubleshooting
I' ve been playing the game for quite a while on Windows & it recently started to crash, when trying to load a save file. I may have also recently enabled cloud saves, so I don't know if that's got to do with anything.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Post edited by Badouvas on

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,872
    One particular save, or all saves? Also, which game?

If it's a particular save, you can upload a copy so we can look at it and try to diagnose or even repair the problem. Instructions for how to attach a save are in one of this forum's announcements.
  • BadouvasBadouvas Member Posts: 3
    jmerry wrote: »
    Also, which game?

Good point. Sorry for posting in a hustle.

I'm encountering this problem in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, while trying to run it on Steam. It's not a particular save I face the problem with, but when I try to load any save in single-player in general.

• BadouvasBadouvas Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2023
    OK. For whomever faces similar problems playing the game on Steam, my particular issue had to do with enabling cloud saves on the platform.

The problem surfaced by turning cloud saving on on two different PCs on which I had already started playing different playthroughs & the game had most likely trouble dealing with save files having the same name, such as quick & auto-saves, so it immediately crushed, when trying to get to the load game screen.

I turned off cloud saving both in the platform's settings & in the in-game gameplay options & my local saves could be loaded again without any trouble.