Skip to content

Is Baldur's Gate II a continuation from Baldur's Gate I?

Ok, I am currently going through Baldurs Gate I EE. I haven't played BGI since it first came out way back in 1998, so it has been 25 years for me, and I must admit, I am having as much fun now as I did back then. It is a great, great game. Tons of fun!! That being said, it has also been a long time since I last played BGII. So, is BGII a direct continuation of Baldurs Gate I? In other words, at the end of BG I, if my character is level 13 or so, do I import my character into BGII and then just keep going?, or do we start back at level 1 in BG2?

Comments

• TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 612
    BG2 is a continuation and you can import your character from BG to BG2.
    You can also check Siege of Dragonspear expansion for BGEE, which takes place between BGEE and BG2EE.
  • mnmansteinmnmanstein Member Posts: 17
    Thank you. Yes, I have Siege of Dragonspear and the Black Pits installed as well, both of them I plan on playing before going onto BGII. It is crazy I am playing these old BG games instead of playing BG3. Nevertheless, BG3 will have to wait! Thanks again for the clarification on BGII.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 612
    Black Pits are a separate campaign not related to the story.

Have fun with your run. :)
  • mnmansteinmnmanstein Member Posts: 17
    Thanks!! :)
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 564
    Trouveur wrote: »
    Black Pits are a separate campaign not related to the story.

Have fun with your run. :)

Yes, and in BP1 it's possible to test quickly all possible classes and kits! 😎