Skip to content

Grand Mastery in Darts

YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
Well, I have finished Black Pits 1 (except for the final fight) with a solo dual-classed Fighter9/Mage10 on Insane.

I put Grand Mastery in Darts since I never tried it. 😼 It seems to be inferior to the Grand Mastery in bows or crossbows, or even slings.

Any goodness in such a choice in Baldur's Gate in general? 🤔

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,250
    In theory, with more attacks per round darts have a better chance of disrupting spellcasters. Don’t they get strength bonus? that would make them crazy effective!
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Throwing daggers and axes get strength bonus, but darts do not. The special darts can create a lot of havoc with the extra attack though. Especially those nice Darts of Stunning!
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    edited August 2023
    Thanks @atcDave and @Balrog99 ! Yes, the strength bonus doesn't work. There are 3 types of special darts in BP1.

Now my Fighter/Mage bought and scribed all mage spells of level 1-5. I will export it and continue today in BP2. 😎
  • SixOfSpadesSixOfSpades Member Posts: 44
    Relevant for Fighter/Mages: Both Melf's Minute Meteors and Energy Blades are classed as Dart-type weapons, but do not actually use, or benefit from, their wielder's proficiency (or lack thereof) in Darts.
    Relevant for Fighter/Mages: Both Melf's Minute Meteors and Energy Blades are classed as Dart-type weapons, but do not actually use, or benefit from, their wielder's proficiency (or lack thereof) in Darts.

Meanwhile, I like to use Melf's Minute Meteors. ⚔️
    edited August 2023
    My char advanced to the Tier III in BP2 (mixed diff from Easy to Insane, depending on fights). However, I used mainly magic abilities.

My conclusion: nothing really good in having the Grand Mastery in darts (at least, in BP1/BP2) for dual-classed Fighter/Mages. 😼
    Well, grand mastery in any throwing weapons is useful anyway, since the melee is significantly more complicated on high difficulty levels. 😎
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 273
    One thing I’ll note for bg2- the dart Biter from SoD is available early if you imported with it. It has built in elemental damage, so combined with the fast rate of fire can chew through stoneskin etc quickly