Skip to content

Avenger kit is just awesome!

I never tried it before, but this kit kicks ass (starting from level 7). ✌️

At the moment, I'm testing a solo Avenger of level 12 in Black Pits 1 on LoB difficulty. My char quickly completed Tiers I.1-5 as if it were Easy diff.

Up to 9 Chromatic Orbes (instakilling creatures with weak saves vs spell), up to 7 Lightning Bolts, tons of summons with up to 2 fire elementals. An avenger, shapeshifted to sword spider, can go in melee even on LoB. 😎

Comments

• YigorYigor Member Posts: 564
    One good melee tactics: cast Web (and/or Entangle), shapeshift into a sword spider, use a potion/ring of Freedom and go to a melee! ⚔️

Btw, I have finished Tier II-4 [Ogre-magus and 5 portals]. The first relatively tough fight for an avenger (it's actually impossible for most solo chars on LoB).

Hint: replay first a fight I-2 with hobgoblins (in the arena with 4 columns) and leave 5 summoned minions there. If you start the fight II-4 immediately, minions still remain there! Five Chromatic Orbs will remove 5 portals in 1 hit! Finally, kill the Ogre-magus and his summoned golems, jellies and mephits. 😎
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Yigor wrote: »
    One good melee tactics: cast Web (and/or Entangle), shapeshift into a sword spider, use a potion/ring of Freedom and go to a melee! ⚔️
    A mage polymorphed into spider does not need a freedom item, he is immune to the Web effect as long as he is in spider form, I am not 100% sure, but that should also be true for the Avenger shapeshifted into Sword Spider.

gorgonzola wrote: »
    Yigor wrote: »
    A mage polymorphed into spider does not need a freedom item, he is immune to the Web effect as long as he is in spider form, I am not 100% sure, but that should also be true for the Avenger shapeshifted into Sword Spider.

O, great, thanks! It will save my money (for buying freedom items). 😉
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,872
    Indeed both spider forms have immunity to Web - or, at least, the AoE projectile Web uses. Some web-type effects, like the single-target "Web Tangle" that SoD's Gargantuan Spiders get, may bypass this immunity.
    jmerry wrote: »
    Indeed both spider forms have immunity to Web - or, at least, the AoE projectile Web uses. Some web-type effects, like the single-target "Web Tangle" that SoD's Gargantuan Spiders get, may bypass this immunity.

Thanks for this precision! 😎

N.B. My Avenger has completed Tier III-3. The fight with Fire Giant is doable too, he was heavily wounded in my first attempt. However, now I wanna continue in BP2. ⚔️
    Current status in Black Pits 2: level 23 after completing Tier II-3 (normal difficulty). Summoning both a Deva and an Elemental Prince for relatively easy wins. 😎