Skip to content

Solo Totemic Druid is playable on LoB from scratch

I'd prefer to play with a solo Avenger, but at level 1 it just sucks on LoB difficulty. 😼

So, I started with a Totemic Druid. The advantage is, of course, the use of Spirit Animals starting from level 1. A Spirit Animal can win vs 1 weak creature (gibberling, hobgoblin, tasloi, wolf), while druid can help at distance with a sling.

Well, the beginning wasn't too tedious and I advanced quickly to the level 4 (chasing monsters around Beregost). Starting from level 3, the Spirit Wolf freezes adversaries ❄️, which is very helpful too. 😎

Comments

• YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    Current Status: chapter 2, level 6, 2 Spirit Animals can be used simultaneously. My totemic druid has AC=-4 after finding an Ankheg armor in the Nashkel area. Usually, I summon a Spirit Snake + Spirit Wolf + 3 Calls of Lightning ⚡ (if outside) and go into a melee with a Venom dagger +2. 🐍❄️⚔️
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Nice job on your solo run. I've never been able to get into soloing without having thief skills or at least arcane spells (Knock in particular, but Stoneskin and Mirror Image can make lethal traps toothless). How do you get past all the non-openable chests? It would drive me nuts leaving all that booty behind!
    edited August 2023
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Nice job on your solo run. I've never been able to get into soloing without having thief skills or at least arcane spells (Knock in particular, but Stoneskin and Mirror Image can make lethal traps toothless). How do you get past all the non-openable chests? It would drive me nuts leaving all that booty behind!

Thanks for your comment! Well, I don't open those chests. 😹 When my druid will get the maximal XP, I'll probably take Imoen with Cautious AI. She will not participate in fights, but will open chests etc. 😉

Current status: chapter 3, level 8 in the Gnoll Fortress. ⚔️
    Current status: level 10 (the max in BG1). I decided to continue as a duo with Dynaheir, roleplayed as a pure Invoker ( with restriction on used spells). 😎