Skip to content

EET - Reclusive Scholar / Mysterious Island quests not concluding.

After returning from the island and killing
Mendas
, I run the following console commands:

C:GetGlobal("PLAYERINFECTED","GLOBAL")
C:GetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADMENDAS3","GLOBAL")
C:GetGlobal("Infected","GLOBAL")

The first and third are high values, no doubt timers. They didn't reset or end. The second thankfully is 1 and shows that character is dead.

I am unsure why the timers didn't end. I can set them to 1 and 2 respectively (what I believer they should be) but my quest log doesn't update to show The Reclusive Scholar or The Mysterious Island ending.

Are there values I can set to end those quests?

Thanks!

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,872
    edited August 2023
    The game never resets timers like that; lowering values like you did just says "the timer's expired, do whatever you're supposed to do when that happens." In fact, timer variables don't count up or down on their own; they're set, and then the game compares the clock to them.

The key script block, in the global baldur.bcs script:
    IF
    	Global("Infected","GLOBAL",1)
    	GlobalTimerExpired("PlayerInfected","GLOBAL")
    	!Dead("Mendas3")  // Mendas
    	Exists(Player2)
    THEN
    	RESPONSE #100
    		ActionOverride(Player2,ForceSpell(Myself,PLAYER_WEREWOLF_CHANGE))  // SPWI946.SPL (No such index)
    		ActionOverride(Player3,ForceSpell(Myself,PLAYER_WEREWOLF_CHANGE))  // SPWI946.SPL (No such index)
    		ActionOverride(Player4,ForceSpell(Myself,PLAYER_WEREWOLF_CHANGE))  // SPWI946.SPL (No such index)
    		ActionOverride(Player5,ForceSpell(Myself,PLAYER_WEREWOLF_CHANGE))  // SPWI946.SPL (No such index)
    		ActionOverride(Player6,ForceSpell(Myself,PLAYER_WEREWOLF_CHANGE))  // SPWI946.SPL (No such index)
    END

If you're infected, and the bad guy isn't dead, and you're out of time, everyone but the protagonist gets furry.

If you've killed him before running out of time, of course, this never comes into play. Actually, you're probably safe once he transforms even if you don't kill the wolf, because the transformation works on a "kill and replace" principle.

So really, the only thing that's off is the journal. And that's just a fragile system in general. If you talk to the bad guy and the conversation ends with his transformation, that should close the entries. But there's no backup plan. If you attack him outside of conversation, he just gets mad and transforms, without the journal entries ever closing.

[Edit: everything I noted is from BGEE, no trilogy. I don't expect there to be any significant changes to this stuff with EET.]
    Post edited by jmerry on