Skip to content

Roleplaying Dynaheir as a Pure Invoker

YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
Well, the idea is to scribe into the spellbook only spells of Evocation/Invocation school. I started a solo game with a Totemic Druid on LoB who has just attained the level 10 in chapter 3. Now I decided to continue with Dynaheir (level 5 now).

Available Invocation Spells:

Level 1: Chromatic Orb, Magic Missiles, Shield.
Level 2: Stinking Cloud, Web.
Level 3: Fireball, Lightning Bolt. ⚡

Comments

  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    edited August 2023
    N.B. Well, for practical reasons, I authorized Dynaheir to scribe into her spellbook Identify and Knock spells too. 😉

    P.S. I hope that Dynaheir will not go away to join her protector Minsc‽ 😼
    Post edited by Yigor on
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    I created and quickly tested Dynaheir (LG female human, Str=11, Dex=13, Con=16, Int=17, Wis=15, Cha=12) as a Pure Invoker in Black Pits 1. The full list of level 1-5 spells:

    Level 1: Chromatic Orb, Magic Missiles, Shield.
    Level 2: Agannazar's Scorcher, Stinking Cloud, Web.
    Level 3: Fireball, Lightning Bolt, Melf's Minute Meteors.
    Level 4: Fireshield (Blue), Fireshield (Red), Ice Storm, Minor Sequencer.
    Level 5: Cloudkill, Cone of Cold, Phantom Blade, Sunfire. ☀️
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,847
    edited August 2023
    Availability of these spells for Dynaheir:
    - Chromatic Orb. Scrolls drop all over the place as random drops. Or you could just buy one at High Hedge. Or find one out in a wilderness stash in the southwest.
    - Magic Missiles. Already known.
    - Shield. Scrolls widely available, including High Hedge and random drops.
    - Aganazzar's Scorcher. Arkushule, The Great Gazib, random level 2 scroll drops, the Bandit Camp, or Sorcerous Sundries if you haven't picked one up already.
    - Stinking Cloud. Already known if you recruit Dynaheir at 8K XP or more. Scrolls available at High Hedge, the bandit camp, off Mutamin, or from random drops.
    - Web. Already known if you recruit Dynaheir at 8K XP or more. Scrolls available at High Hedge, in Mulahey's chest, off Borda or Narcillicus, or from random drops.
    - Fireball. Already known if you recruit Dynaheir at 32K XP. Scrolls available at the bandit camp, Sorcerous Sundries, Lendarn in the Firewine ruins, those rare level 3 random scrolls, or various places later on.
    - Lightning Bolt. Scrolls available from Lendarn, Narcillicus, Sorcerous Sundries, a few places later on, or random level 3 scroll drops.
    - Melf's Minute Meteors. Scroll only available at Sorcerous Sundries only, until SoD. And only one in stock. You've got a 91% chance of learning spells in your school, but a 9% chance of failure is too much of a risk with only one copy. Use an Int-boosting potion when it comes time to learn this.
    - Fireshield (Blue). Scroll drops from Resar at the thieves' guild. That's the only copy available until SoD, so, again, use a potion when scribing. You don't need a thief to get that invitation, by the way.
    - Fireshield (Red). Scroll drops from Kysus outside the Cloakwood mines. That's the only copy until SoD.
    - Ice Storm. One copy of the scroll available at Sorcerous Sundries, no more until SoD.
    - Minor Sequencer. Scroll drops from Alai in the Iron Throne building, no more until SoD.
    - Cloudkill. Three scrolls in the main campaign; one in a wilderness stash in the southwest, one in the Durlag's Tower dungeons, one drop from Lendarn.
    - Cone of Cold. One copy of the scroll available at Sorcerous Sundries, no more until SoD.
    - Phantom Blade. Scroll not available at all before SoD. You can get it at Belegarm's shop in that campaign.
    - Sunfire. One copy of the scroll available at Sorcerous Sundries, no more until SoD.

    So, most of the level 4 and 5 scrolls have only one copy in the game. Do be careful scribing them.

    Also, I'd let Dynaheir have Burning Hands. She starts with it already known, after all.
    Post edited by jmerry on
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    @jmerry Wow, thanks a lot for these very useful and detailed precisions! 👍 I'll go immediately to High Hedge, in order to find the Aganazzar's Scorcher in random drops! 👈

    N.B. I have erased the Burning Hands from the Dynaheir's spellbook. I prefer to use the Chromatic Orb anyway. 😉
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,847
    A bit confused there. If you want a level 2 scroll from random drops, you kill more advanced enemies like ghouls, ghasts, and ogres. No guarantees, of course, since it's about 1/10 to get a scroll on the random treasure table and then you have to roll the right one. If you just want to buy the scroll and be sure of having it, that's what the shop at High Hedge is for.
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    jmerry wrote: »
    A bit confused there. If you want a level 2 scroll from random drops, you kill more advanced enemies like ghouls, ghasts, and ogres. No guarantees, of course, since it's about 1/10 to get a scroll on the random treasure table and then you have to roll the right one. If you just want to buy the scroll and be sure of having it, that's what the shop at High Hedge is for.

    Yeah, I didn't get it in random drops after few battles (and there is no Aganazzar's Scorcher in the High Hedge magic shop). Well, I hope to get it in the Bandit Camp a bit later. 😎
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,847
    ... *runs "Find references" search again ...

    Ah. I misread that one. Aganazzar's Scorcher is in the unused "HIGHHED3" shop, not the actual "HIGHHEDG" shop. So you can't buy it until Sorcerous Sundries in chapter 5. If you want it before the plot advances, that's a random drop, Arkushule at Seawatcher (can pick a fight in dialogue by prying until she gets mad), or The Great Gazib at the carnival (INNOCENT, so picking his pockets is the best way).
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    jmerry wrote: »
    ... *runs "Find references" search again ...

    Ah. I misread that one. Aganazzar's Scorcher is in the unused "HIGHHED3" shop, not the actual "HIGHHEDG" shop. So you can't buy it until Sorcerous Sundries in chapter 5. If you want it before the plot advances, that's a random drop, Arkushule at Seawatcher (can pick a fight in dialogue by prying until she gets mad), or The Great Gazib at the carnival (INNOCENT, so picking his pockets is the best way).

    Thanks again! 👍 It seems that I already talked to Arkushule and she went away. I can wait, no any urgency in using that Aganazzar's Scorcher anyway. 😉
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    Well, I have finally found an Agannazar's Scorcher scroll after beating a group of Red Wizards of Thay westward from Larswood. 😎
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,847
    Yeah. I didn't mention her, but one of those wizards (Diana) has an AS scroll. That was indeed a fixed drop.
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    jmerry wrote: »
    Yeah. I didn't mention her, but one of those wizards (Diana) has an AS scroll. That was indeed a fixed drop.

    Cool, now I'm waiting to get the Fireshield (Red) scroll outside of Cloackwood Mines. 😎
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    Current status: Dynaheir has scribed the Fireshield (Red) spell in her spellbook (Cloakwood mines). 🛡️🔥
Sign In or Register to comment.