Skip to content

"Brainless" Simple Completionist Playthrough Mods Recommendations

mousesamamousesama Member Posts: 1
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask but hopefully so.
I've been playing Baldur's Gate 1&2 on-and-off since my childhood, they are some of my most favorite games and recently, I've got them on Steam. I would like to get 100% of the achievements but I don't want to do a whole new complex playthrough for those, I don't have that much time anymore these days so I've been looking to do a simple and quick playthrough where I don't have to micromanage much (like I would with the whole party, especially with casters) and could just coast through things easily. What kind of mods would you recommend to use?

I'm planning a solo playthrough (I've never done it, it's fewer things to manage and has an achievement to it), ideally a non-magic-caster one. I can grab and dismiss companions for achievements situationally as needed from what I've seen. Currently, I've been thinking of doing a Cavalier Paladin class but if you think any would work better and simpler, please let me know.

I would also like to ask if you think I should start on Throne of Bhaal difficulty right away for the achievement or just do a quick speedrun playthrough on it afterward using an imported endgame character (maybe even imported from BG2 if that's possible?)

TL;DR: Looking for mods to facilitate straightforward and simple completionist playthrough:
Mainly looking for:
  • QoL mods (faster walking speed, less inventory management etc.)
  • XP uncapping mods (I don't mind getting overleveled and overpowered, will make things simpler, though I don't want things to be entirely trivial and cheaty
  • Fixes and improvements mods for potentially broken scripts
  • Any other mods that could streamline, but not outright break the game

Thank you for any help or recommendations you can give <3