Skip to content

Question about Ophyllis's Treasure Key.

When I met Ophyllis in the basement of the Ducal Palace, I successfully pickpocketed a key from him. This key is called the “Treasure Key”. I am at a loss as to what to do with it. The item description says that “This ornate key is sized to fit a small lock, such as a cabinet.”

Would anyone here be willing to inform me of what I am supposed to do with it?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,872
    Down in the palace basement, there's a chest - the treasury. Ophyllis' key is not the key to that chest; you have to pick it if you want that ill-gotten loot (difficulty 95). Instead, Ophyllis' key is the key to the door that bars the way to the treasury ... which is even easier to pick, at difficulty 85.

So, basically, the key doesn't matter.
  • Eddard_StarkEddard_Stark Member Posts: 52
    I picked the door before even speaking to him. Now I feel like such a fool.

Thank you for your help anyway.
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 620
    edited September 2023
    Hmm... it's better to kill that Ophyllis party in the Three Old Kegs and to get an axe+1. 😼 Just (temporarily) add Safana to your party with 100% Open Locks ability in order to get that loot in the Ducal Palace basement. 😎
  • Eddard_StarkEddard_Stark Member Posts: 52
    Yigor wrote: »
    Hmm... it's better to kill that Ophyllis party in the Three Old Kegs and to get an axe+1. 😼 Just (temporarily) add Safana to your party with 100% Open Locks ability in order to get that loot in the Ducal Palace basement. 😎

Too late, I forced the party in the Three Old Kegs to turn themselves in.

Thanks for the suggestion about Safana though.