Skip to content

Nalia Keep issues

I am trying to figure out what is going wrong with my game. I finish the keep with Nalia, she gets to the part where she says I could take over while she is a ward of sorts, then the "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS AVAILABLE" message pops up. I can't agree to run the keep, and thus can't progress Nalia's story. Any idea what the globals would be to force that state change? I tried "SetGlobal("PCKeepOwner","GLOBAL",1)", no love there. I know this must be a mod build issue (how I added mods), just trying to figure out how to force the game forward.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,872
    Basically, that message means the conversation reached a state where there were absolutely no responses you met the prerequisites to. At which point the conversation ends without going through any of the normal exit states.

In the vanilla version of the conversation, the only variable checks happen up front; for Nalia to offer the "My... my home" line at all when you go outside, you must meet the following conditions:
    Dead("Torgal")
    Global("NaliaKeepPlot","GLOBAL",0)
    AreaCheck("AR1300")
    Global("NaliaRaised","GLOBAL",0)
    Global("PlayerHasStronghold","GLOBAL",0)
    OR(2)
    Class(Player1,FIGHTER_ALL)
    Kit(Player1,Blackguard)

After that, the individual reply options in the conversation don't have any conditions at all, except for a few that are gender-based involving the possibility of a marriage.

So, for going wrong this way to even be possible, some mod tinkered with the structure of the conversation. No chance of help unless you can point to the relevant mod.

And if it is a bad mod install, you may have to abandon the run. Because uninstalling a mod midstream can break all sorts of things in an ongoing run.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,070
    edited October 2023
    jmerry wrote: »
    And if it is a bad mod install, you may have to abandon the run. Because uninstalling a mod midstream can break all sorts of things in an ongoing run.

I feel like this is really only true for EET or *really* heavy mod plays, that alter a lot of the core game. Uninstalling the very last mod you added also usually is harmless.

I usually play with a handful of mods, usually NPC mods, and uninstalling them usually is safe. Sometimes strings are broken, but most NPC mods can have their strings repaired through a PID dialogue the modder creates, recreating the character, or by doing it by hand if you have the patience. For Non-EET especially, I rarely have issues, and all of them I've been able to sort out with just a few minutes.