Skip to content

Viking

FredBluesFredBlues Member Posts: 9
I am currently playing an old Samurai mod I found which surprisingly works for BG1 and goes into 2. It is very fun even if I had to cheese the beginning to get Mr. Musashi his second sword in the Black Pits before I began the game.

It gave me a persistent idea. Why is there no Viking kit? I enjoyed playing my 'Half-Orc' son of Akatosh from 1 to ToB then transporting him home to Sk---- so he could discover his destiny. I would love to have a Viking mod to do exactly the same thing. Except an Earthling Viking lost on Faerun then the other game. Makes both games fun again to do this.

I know one could argue that a Berserker or Skald are Vikings, but they are not really the theme!

A Viking may be a Berserker or Skald. They may get str and con bonus like Half-Orcs but to offset maybe minus cha and lower starting rep (they are Vikings after all). No Lawful alignment. Probably have to be a race mod over a class mod. I am not sure, couldn't make mods if you walked me through it.

Probably be better at sword and shield, which would be a definite minus, so maybe a bonus to axes and whatever is equivalent to Viking sword (long sword?)

On a side note, I am really disappointed about mods I used in the old version not working in EE. And the mods from the corner seem fun at first, but they really lose something in playing them. Of course, if the Morituri mod worked we probably wouldn't have this post. It may be op but not near as bad as the few kit mods that actually work are!!!