Skip to content

Hi, I am CC, and I am new to this Community

Just wanted to say hi. I love Baldurs Gate and I am hoping to get some advice about the game. What type of character should I roll?

Comments

• YigorYigor Member Posts: 620
    Hi and welcome! 👋 If U are a novice, start with something simple like Fighter or, maybe, with a Fighter's kit called Berserker.

There are various standard challenges: Legacy of Bhaal difficulty, solo game, no-reload game etc. 👈
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 429
    Welcome to the forum! B)

You can play pretty much whatever class you like, depending on your personal preference. I just don't recommend playing a thief in BG1 as your good friend Imoen will have finding traps and unlocking chests covered for you. Main thing is to have a well balanced party with a tank (fighter type), healer, mage, and thief. The other two members can be whatever class you want to add in.

Also, if you want to do a "good" playthrough, then you need to recruit neutral and good npc's. If you want to do an "evil" playthrough, your character should be neutral or evil aligned while recruiting neutral or evil npc's. Whichever type of playthrough you decide on, I recommend doing the opposite when you do a second playthrough as it will be a very different experience.

Most importantly, have fun! Enjoy the story that unfolds and the many adventures to be had! B)