Skip to content

Domains of Dread Mod

Wjm4thWjm4th Member Posts: 15
Anyone have any info on this old mod? I installed and appears to be working, but after speaking with the utterly insane person in Ribald's I can't find the next step. Thanks much for your thoughts.

Comments

• JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 195
    edited January 30
    You need to carry a diamond (MISC42) in your inventory, and the next step should occur once you're in the Waukeen Promenade.

But the mod need to be revised and it's possible that something do not work about this step !

Ps : A while ago I looked into correcting this part, but I didn't know much about modding at the time (so it's a very minor correction)...

If you want to try this update...

In this version you have to go back and speak again to the Utterly Insane Person when you got the diamond (MISC42).

Updated Domains-of-Dread version.
    Post edited by JohnBob on
  • Wjm4thWjm4th Member Posts: 15
    I greatly appreciate the response! I'll give it a try

Modders like you have made this game so enjoyable, thanks again
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited October 2023
    Put a diamond in here:
    2do8b7b7lbkm.jpg
    WARNING: Extremely difficult battles ahead, and you can not return before you defeat them all: so have a seperate save beforehand. Do not try before you are high enough leveled and geared. This is definitely not a starter quest.
  • Wjm4thWjm4th Member Posts: 15
    Awesome. THANKS
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    Hello, I'm actually curious about this unknown mod myself as I cannot find any information of what the story, and area maps are.

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited January 30
    Hello, @Kaliesto it is a fairly short mod. There is a mad man in Adventurer's Mart that tells you that the hardest of the gems make you go poof in the name of Waukeen or something like that.

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THE MOD

That's a diamond, if you put it in the place I showed above (Waukeen's symbol?) it teleports you to a new location- a replica of Air Plane in Irenicus Dungeon. There are super powerful wraiths, vampire mages and clerics and a demi-dracolich!!! there, very tough fights.

Then you teleport into the replica of Shadow Dragon's room to fight the last boss and his minions, which is also pretty difficult. Only by killing all enemies you can escape this adventure, so it is best to try this when you are of high level and have good equipment.

The areas are replicas, exact copies of Air Plane and Shadow Lair. The story is also bland, you go to the realm of a super powerful demon wraith called Dark One and battle its minions (super wraiths, vampire mages and clerics, demi-dracolich, and IIRC a beholder or two) and escape the place by killing him.
    There's good loot, some custom weapons etc. but they are not particularly useful IMHO.

Still it's a fun little diversion if you are interested in optional tough fights.
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited February 1
    Thank you for the response, definitely useful for other players that want to get a idea as well on what the mod does.