Skip to content

Protection from critical hits - ioun stones

StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,357
Hi there

Just a quick question. Is there a mod, that gives protection from critical hits to ioun stones?

In vanilla ioun stones provided protection from critical hits when equipped as a helmet, and the EE series changed that. I just wondered if a mod somehow changed it back to how it used to be.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,832
    I'm sure you can find a mod for that. But I've never gone looking.

The way it worked in older versions of the game: anything equipped in the head slot grants critical hit protection.
    The way it works in the EE: There is a flag on items that toggles critical hit protection. For headgear (or maybe just anything on the head), items without the flag grant crit protection and items with it don't. For non-headgear, items with the flag grant crit protection and items without it don't.
    The EE system is a clear improvement; you can have the same behavior as before, or you can play with the flag and enable things that were never possible under the old system.

Ioun stones have the flag set so that they don't provide critical hit protection. A mod to change this would simply unset the flag on those items.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,357
    Thanks @jmerry

I have gone looking, but havent found anything. I have even suggested the implementation to CamDawg… But I guess its time to do some modding my self - most modders surely have their to do list packed to the brim.