Skip to content

Cannot load any saves, or uninstall Nwn:EE

I’m having trouble loading any saves. Nwn:EE crashes to desktop. Error message is: exit code: 3221226356

I’ve also tried uninstalling Nwn:EE. But I receive an error saying there was an internal error.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    One thing to try, if you haven't already. Verify the files. Depending on where you bought it from the command will vary but with the Beamdog Launcher you can find it under the options button. Here are the instructions under steam - Verify Integrity of Game Files. Under GoG Galaxy the process is similar - Verify install (GOG). Ignore the game illustrated, just find NwN EE instead. After that the process is the same. Sorry, no idea how to do it with ios or android. Whichever one applies be aware this will probably take several minutes.

TR
  • SylrielSylriel Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the response, TarotRedhand.

I forgot some relevant information.

PC: Dell G15 5515 Ryzen Edition
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
    Memory: 32Gb
    Launcher: Beamdog Client
    Game: Neverwinter Nights:EE

I have verified the game files multiple times. I attempted to uninstall the game when the verification did not fix the issue.

The game was working fine several months ago. The old save files worked. But I deleted them to start a new playthrough. Trying to load new saves now causes the game to crash to desktop.

I saw the game received an update last May which was a few months after I last played. Loading all new saves from new playthroughs made after the update causes the game to crash.

Is there a way to rollback the update and revert back to the new version?