Skip to content

Shadowkeeper for BG:EE

Sorry for that topic, the question may have been answered a couple of time. I found some lead on Shadowkeeper, but not an answer...

I just want to know if there is a way to use shadowkeeper on BG:EE? I install it, but it said it try to find my Shadow of Amn Folder, which is not installed.

So i Tried to pooint the path to BG:EE in "My Folder" (for the save game), but it wont work.

Anyone have an idea?

Comments

• immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    edited August 2012
    Have someone poke the guy who makes the ShadowKeeper and GateKeeper utillitites to make an update :D Theres always going to be something you want to tweak on some particular character ;)
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I think someone has and he said he can't/won't.
    edited August 2012
    Well then someone needs to take up the task ;) Actually many Devs are creating these kinds of tools for the nodding community. So it shouldnt be too hard to knock something out.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @immagikman Shadowkeeper and Gatekeeper are a bit outdated and can screw up your game. There are plenty of better tools now with NI and DLTCEP. The devs here have mentioned they will look into some kind of toolkit for the game. The request thread is somewhere buried deep by now.

But... If they do make a toolkit.... they should call it "Pitkeeper" :P
    edited August 2012
    Pitkeeper? Why Pit? Im seriously considering learning Visual Basic just to make something If I have to....Getting tired of always depending on others to Make the Save Game editors ;D
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    edited August 2012
    Black Pits? LOL

Or... Neerasakeeper
    ahhh lol I havent actually played the BG series game sin about a decade :) But when I did, I played them a LOT......sadly age and limited memory means as I move on to new games I forget stuff about the old....I want my memory upgrade dammit! :)
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Any IE editor like the popular Near Infinity and DLTCEP can do the same and more. It takes more time to get used to them however, SK is good for its ease-of-use.
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    I really hope we get something so that we can use custom portraits for our characters and the NPC's! I drew my character, but it's more of a cartoony style, so I did portraits of the NPC's in my style.
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    A savegame editor from the official devs can be great. So my thief/mage will look like a thief
  • AshielAshiel Member Posts: 254
    For ease of use vs functionality, Shadowkeeper cannot be beat.
    I agree with @Ashiel The simplicity and functionality were near perfect, Someone mentioned they broke the game, I never ran into that problem but I wasnt messing with the graphics just stats, inventory and abilities.
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    Ashiel said:

For ease of use vs functionality, Shadowkeeper cannot be beat.

Shadowkeeper worked for me in switching out portraits. I hope it will work with BG:EE.

• BarbosaBarbosa Member Posts: 10
    I've done extensive use of Keeper, either by changing stats, portraits and inventory and never had a problem.
  • killeahkilleah Member Posts: 124
    same, always worked.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Cuv said:

Or... Neerasakeeper

LOL--Kudos, mate!
  • filbertfilbert Member Posts: 3
    Shadowkeeper is/was for BG2 not BG1. For BG1 you need GateKeeper. No idea if it works with Enhanced Edition though (probably not)> I always preferred the TeamBG editor for BG1 and only used Gatekeeper for inventory editing.
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    edited November 2012
    Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition runs on a modified version of the BG2 engine, not the original BG1 engine. ShadowKeeper can be made to work with BG:EE; follow the instructions here:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/151114/#Comment_151114

You might want to read through the rest of that thread in its entirety, as there are additional comments on the subject, some of which make it considerably easier (though it isn't in a single post as per the above).
  • SkullburnSkullburn Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for that! Work perfectly!
  • roachburnroachburn Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    I am trying to get shadowkeeper to work with bgee but I dont have a characters folder where the save folder and balur.ini is. Does anyone else have this issue? How do I resolve this issue?
    edit: oops wrong thread.
  • gokkegokke Member Posts: 46
    hmm shs forum has a bat file u can DL run and shadowkeeper works :)
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    edited December 2012
    gokke said:
    This doesn't seem to work, even though I had BG2 and Shadowkeeper already installed :-(

EDIT: got it working, after installing the script you have to point Shadowkeeper to the BGEE "\00766\" folder. (The program will yell at you because it's not BG2, but that's fine). Restart shadowkeep, then all is fine - Joy! :-)
  • gokkegokke Member Posts: 46
    :D forgot to say that :), im glad u got it working though!
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Merged with similar thread from Feature Requests.