Skip to content

Server is Bugging when I play nwn normally, outside of the server.

I am hosting a game with the normal server, even tried the dedicated server, and the issue persist...

If I run the toolset and test a module, load nwn ee & play a module, then suddenly...

The server starts bugging out, NPCs won't spawn, scripts won't fire, etc...

The issue does not happen when I run the DM client or play on the server by connecting to the server normally through the multiplayer game via Beamdog's Server List.

I was just letting you know this is a real bug and it makes it impossible to use NWN outside of the server you host while a server is running on your computer.

Comments

• MelkiorMelkior Member Posts: 191
    I noticed quickly that it's impossible to use the toolset to load and run a module for testing, as the module either crashes or otherwise has faults. This is a long-standing problem which to my knowledge has not been fixed yet.
    My solution is to save the module, close the toolset and then start a new game using that module. It's not the solution that I'd choose if I didn't have to, but it seems to work for me.
  • GenisysGenisys Member Posts: 37
    edited November 2023
    I did what you recommended, it still bugs out the server.

Loading nwn for anything other than playing on the server bugs the server out.

I can use and build in the toolset without bugging the server out though.
  • MelkiorMelkior Member Posts: 191
    I've never tried to run a module on the same machine which I'm using to run the server with that same module running. My first guess would be that both the server and the game are attempting to use the same resources, such as using the same client port number. That's what I'd look into first. See if there is a way to make the game use a different client port number without changing the client port number on the server.