Skip to content

LVL PROGRESSION (3 characters party)

Hey fellas,

I have been playing this session with a 3-character party (Kensai-cleric-ranger) expecting to level up faster and be able to dual class my kensai to mage at lvl 13. Yet I just hit chapter 5 and my characters are barely at lvl 10, isn't it weird? Am I missing something?
What level should your characters be at this point if you were playing with a full 6 characters party?
Thanks!

Comments

• BarbaBarba Member Posts: 10
    No one can help? :'(
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,161
    edited November 2023
    I don’t remember the chapter breaks well enough to answer your question.

But a couple of quick observations, 3 characters would get roughly twice the experience of six. This is only approximate because some rewards are per character, which won’t go up with a smaller party.

Given the way xp tables progress in most cases, you will be one level higher than a six person party until around 9th level. After that point, your characters will start to progress relatively more rapidly as they go deeper into the story.

This makes earlier parts of the game more challenging, but later you may feel more powerful as the level gap improves.

I normally prefer a full party. I tried a three character run several years ago. The power dynamic was different but manageable. Late in the game I added a fourth character, just because I found the small party a little boring.
    Post edited by atcDave on
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    edited November 2023
    Play on Hard/Insane/HoF difficulty to get more XP. 👈