Skip to content

IWDEE needs more love

konvakonva Member Posts: 65
Hello, first of all, iwd is great game, but the lack of many mods, makes this game more interesting and harder, or forcing you into specific builds...
1) The AI in IWD is so poor, compared to even vanilla BG2EE, yet BG2 has Sword coast stratagems.
2) Arcane magic - you technically will be fine without any mages / sorcerers, since all can be solved pretty easily with 2-3 melee fighters, buffed with potions, and some slingers / archers. - there could be some more content, even on vanilla location, where you have much harder times withou mages.
3) Archery in general - you find plenty of nice bows, crossbows and slings, while only slings have better love. In non HoW parts, you find magical arrows or bolts pretty rarely, and you end up most time using only simple ammunication, while melee ones have +4 weapons...
4) Mages find some decent pieces if gear pretty lately, kontik ring for example is cool, yet i point to number 2)
5) Aurils Bane was a great mod for normal IWD + HoW + TotLM, new spells, items, enemies and small quest. Sadly, no port yet.
6) I wanted to do some modding, but i cant manage to learn and master it. If there would be some mentor, i might be able to do some of the "fixes" and better AI by myself, even dependable for difficulty.

Comments

• morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 280
    It is on my to-dos with Tactics Remix to increase various encounters throughout IWDEE. Already, a number of my mods are IWDEE compatible, and I agree it needs a boost in difficulty. No eta and with my current workload I won't be able to get to it until 2024.
  • konvakonva Member Posts: 65
    It is on my to-dos with Tactics Remix to increase various encounters throughout IWDEE. Already, a number of my mods are IWDEE compatible, and I agree it needs a boost in difficulty. No eta and with my current workload I won't be able to get to it until 2024.

What mods you have for IWDEE?
    Enhanced Powergaming Scripts, Skills and Abilities, and Forgotten Armament can all be used in IWDEE.
  • MistercuriousMistercurious Member Posts: 43
    One question: Are Forgotten armament and its new items really compatible with IWDEE?

The item locations all sem to point to places in the BG saga.
    One question: Are Forgotten armament and its new items really compatible with IWDEE?

The item locations all sem to point to places in the BG saga.

Yes, Forgotten Armament is compatible with IWDEE. Specifically NWN2 Style Weapons, critical hit immunity, and armor overhaul components. I think a few more might be too.